• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello there! I would like to request a terrain, I'm requesting one because I'm not good at all when it comes to geography. Shores, mountains etc.
I haven't started the project yet, I'm not totally sure if I'm going to complete it.
But anyway, I'll problaby pass the project on then.
I just don't got any names for the project yet.

About the project:
3 races, northern people/vikings from Nordmar, The ordinary humans from Myrtana, desert people/turkish people from Varant.

It will be a strategy map (RTS). Players will control the cities and will have to collect resources to build and train soldiers. If their commander (Hero) dies, the units around him will get lower morale, and get a chance to riot.
Units with low health can also riot.
I will also try to insert an influence system. If you get too low influence some cities may riot.
The cities will not only be an human castle model, like it is in many conquests maps. The owners can use defensive structures, traps and walls to protect the cities.
You will have to use different units, you cannot spawn one type, units will have weaknesses and strenghts. Example, pikemens would kill mounted soldiers very easy, while a swordman will kill an pikeman quite easy.

I don't got moore ideas atm.
Here comes the request:

I want you to make an terrain similar to this map.

gothic3_map.jpg

I don't want you to use the blizzard cliffs. Use the Raise/Lower ground tool instead.

I want you to place the tiles also, I can place trees and doodads, if you don't want to.

You don't have to place and put out cities, I'll do that.

I would also be happy if you could make the paths.

The unknown lands will problaby not be easy to make, because they aren't showing it on the map, but you could make it like a wasteland, very old cities and dungeons. It should look like a ancient people lived there once, that are now extincted.

One moore thing, I want the map to be as big as possible. Not below 256x256.

And of course you will get +rep and a realy special spot on the credits. You will also have your name on the loading screen. :thumbs_up:

Huuuuuuuh... That's much work. Is it ok if Myrtana uses Lordaeron/Village tile, Varant barrens tiles and Nordmar Lordaeron Winter/Icecrown/Northrend tiles and The Unkown Lands like Fall/Black Citadel/Outland combination? I mean combinate them all to make it all in 1 map. But I need to make it more then 13 or maybe just 13 tile texture space but i don't know how. I can try just the terrain and upload you it. Do you want islands too and can I make the Unkown Lands a bit like on the map just with some Mountains/Hills???

So I will try to make the terrain, like alpha, but just the terrain, nothing esle and if you "like" it you just need my name in the credits, nooooowhere esle. by the way, where you want me to make the entrence to the unkown lands, from braga, the little road through the mounts or west of it, or make some paths like on the map between 2 mountains? And can the borders between the regions and the unknown lands be mountains?

Level 16
Here's a pic on where the entrances should be.

gothic3map.jpg

Also, make the borders to mountains. Maybe, 1 path trough the mountains betwean Nemora and Trelis Farm. Quite big.
And 3 paths to Nordmar from Myrtana, the unknown paths is showed on the pic.

Another thing, could you use ashenvale style in Myrtana? Looks better then lordareon.
And northrend in Nordmar.

Here it is, it's like 70-75% like the map you gave me, maybe some places are a bit different but not much. The Unknown lands is a desert, ok? The paths are there where they should be and i added some little sidepaths. This could be useful and save maybe 3-4h of terraining.
P.S.
This is just the alpha terrain, only mountains, paths and land is made. The terrain tiles aren't the best but some doodads should make it look better. I think you will like it... or not ... Nordmar was the hardest, it's small and really hard to create, path mostly.
Edit:
Map deleted, for the project's security.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.