• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terrain Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys, uh well i just noticed a serious error in my map. My main question being, is it possible to make water flow down a small ramp.....cause i couldnt figure it out the first time around and since their is a massive terrain thing that i cannot just LOWER the area because then i would have to rebuild absolutely all the terrain in that area and.........argh. I have the enemy units on "float" because the animations work that way on the water. but since units cant go down a waterfall......that ramp wont work, so if i can get a way to just make water flow down the ramp....god that would help soooooooooo much. If anyone has any ideas, i would really like to hear them as im fairly screwed at this point.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_080907_181322_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080907_181322_01.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 100
Level 3
dammit........argh lol Thanx though chaos i appreciate it. The only thing i can think of is place a rectangle area and making a trigger that teleports them down, but im not sure if this will then screw up the pathing triggers for the units. I do know that people are gonna be pissed when they cant make a proper maze on it either....argh

Level 3
i suppose yea. But i did come up with something else; it will be a bit difficult as i will have to go through all of the units and modify them a little bit to make sure the animation is a little better, but what ive tinkered with and found out is that i can set them at "hover" and that way they go right over the ramp area. It wont look as good as if they were set to "float" but it will have to do. Thanx Again! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.