• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, I'm thinking about making a Rome Strategy map, and I'm really bad at forming continents after a map, so.. I wondering if someone here can do this:
Roman_empire_117.gif

I want it on the biggest map size, 480x480
And I do not want any enviorment done. And I do not want cliffs bordering between land-water, I just want it smooth.
And last thing is: I want some water for ships on spains west coast, the map doesn't show the water, but I want it there! :)

If there is more then one person who wants to make this, I will chose the map I decide looks the best (closed looking to picture linked).
Rep+ will be given. And all persons who tries make this will be listed in the credits. (bigger credit for the person's map that get chosen.

So.. I hope there is some good terrain makers out there who wants to make this!

One last thing: Regarding Tile-set. Chose what you think would be best for a strategy game (some city tiles must be listed).

If there is anyquestions ASK!

Last edited:
Use an external program to create the map at the size of 480x480.
Also, since you're not using cliffs, you could easily just zoom the camera very close to the ground, and make all of the units and doodads smaller. This would allow you to, in essence, create a larger map.
If you want, I'll upload a 480x480 canvas with the entire map pre-set for water level. (meaning you would use the lower to get water, rather than cliff water)
To make water pre-set, simply make water, then turn off Enable Water Height Levels, then fill the water in with Raise, until it's all flat. Then, using lower would find water. Since you don't want cliff edges, this would be the way to make your map.

Level 6
I gave up trying to do this myself due the map I made looked awful!!
And I also gave up 480x. I relized I wont need that much space! ;)
So.. I'm still looking for someone to create this for me! ^^

Found a map on epic war that has the terrain I'm looking for, so if a person want to make this for me, you can get some details here: =)
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/15543/

Status
Not open for further replies.