• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terrain Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Heya once again, been long since I last posted anything.

I'm currently working on an AoS kind of map and I need a bit of help with completing the terrain for it. I've still got alot of empty space to fill up and I'd like YOUR personal ideas and suggestions on how I should fill it up. Not just "do it like in DoTa".

And if anyone's interested in the theme of the AoS it's Naruto based. And I apologies in advance if I left out anything. ^^

Attachments

• EmptySpace.jpg
    EmptySpace.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 164
  • EmptySpace2.jpg
    EmptySpace2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 167
Level 34
You using l33t Naruto spelpax?

It's much too early to crit yet. I'd just say keep going, I'll tell you when you have more done.

Level 9
Nothing much to judge yet, no. That's why I'd like peoples personal ideas on how to fill the empty space up. A "secret" shop, a mob with nice loot or so.

Basically, I don't really know what to fill it with. A forest, yeah. But I could use some ideas and suggestions on how to fill it up.

Level 6
We can't plan out the whole map for you, fill it up first with some basic stuff and use your creativity a bit, then we can give you sugestions

Level 9
To further elaborate...

The whole AoS scene has been done over and over. This is especially present in your terrain as it could be assumed from your current layout that you'll have a main path down the center and two sides. You're going to need something more creative if you want to draw a crowd, otherwise it's just going to be another AoS.

As for the terraining itself, its hard to say, I'd pick up a few custom models. There's a few custom palm tree models out there that are low in size and look considerably better than the standard.

Level 9
Thanks for the tip, DungeonM. Are you refering to something like this instead of the normal 3 way lines? Or should I further make it "snake" like instead?

Attachments

• splituppath.jpg
    splituppath.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.