• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain ground textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone
I want to open this topic simply because there is so much warcraft 3 modding project that have been stopped, unfinished or have failed. I dont wanna even talk about warcraft 3 art, and how people wasting their talent, not directing it on real things. So much modders, so much graphic designs for nothing. Nothing serious have been accomplished for so many years. There are milions of models redesigned, new maps created, but honestly nothing seriosly done.Ye there are awesome rips from wow, hot and other games but still its not a big picture what all of fans expect in their heart.
At the end, you finishe with some HD models and everyone applause it, (which are still in progress,and not implemented) but real problem lyes that Blizzard will not create Warcraft IV, AND WE ARE STACKED AT OURSELVES!
Currently the only serious project is Warcraft Armies of Azeroth, and its not even for warcraft 3 players, its for Starcraft, but how long we will wait? What if it stays unfinished... It would be a big punch for our faces.
So my point is next, there is dota 2 hq modding, which isnt what we all want, WE WANT TOTAL WC3 CONVERSION, in HD smooth looking design.
All go for model rip, and noone goes for terrain packs, without terrain HD models will be usless on old 15 year old ground terrain low pixel textures etc, with windows 98 graphic, sorry must be ironic.

Last edited:
Level 35
First and foremost, don't double post.

Secondly, learn to use the space button after a punctuation mark.
See, like how I do it, everything is much easier to read like this.

If you edit your post then I may actually read it all.

Terrain-ground-textures

We seen dota 2, heroes of the storm, wow rips. But we never seen heroes of newerth in wc3 modding. I dont know real reason, the game have best and simple interface, everything is simple, smooth. I played dota 2, and its annoying, everything is confusing and bugy. Do everything you must to improve terrain, trees, textures. Rip it from heroes of newerth, do HD model rips, everything guys, just to 1 day give one serious modd for warcraft 3. Starting with terrain, i will give u examples from heroes of newerth, if possible to replace 1 wc3 terrain with another, in form of mpq mdx file or whatever ,i am amateur for that.

I will upload some pictures now and explain:

This old ground http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img633/5084/DqZmed.jpg

Should be replaced with this one http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img909/9840/BytLDU.jpg

Now my idea is that some modder, designer or whatever, should specifically rip terrain from other games and bring us terrain pack, a conversion in form of mpq file. Meanwhile, other guys will rip HD models, items, buildings, structures etc. And 1 day, united in 1 modd,u will have hq terrain, HD models, new buildings etc. For example, combining this terrain, with HD assests for starcraft, and buildings. Rip everything best, mix it and put in 1 file!!Thats the idea

I uploaded some pictures of hereos of newerth, a game with big potential to become like dota 2 with custom games, but creators of hon dont even think of it. Usefull material would be terrain,surface textures, not models

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0kkrfib1cauvd2j/all+images.rar

Level 35
Status
Not open for further replies.