• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tenth Released Map- Naga Hyde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
After learning much about click defense from making my “First day” Map, I tried to do something a little more complicated. A map that required well coordinated teamwork. Naga-hyde is similar to The First Day in that you must defend specific targets from waves of enemies by clicking on them to kill them. However in this map, there are different points that you must defend. 5 islands to be exact, each with a totem that must be defended, and players must warp between the islands to cover all the totems during the waves. With only 2 players, coordination is a must. The waves progressively get more fast and numerous.

This was an attempt at a traditional sunken ruins tileset. The story takes place after wc3, where Maev has captured Illidan and the naga are scrambling to get him back. Illidan is being held in a secret location, binded by 5 totems which keep him sealed in his cage. The Naga launch a surprise attack and put the sentinel defenders under pressure, who hope to hold them off long enough for maev and her reinforcements to arrive. However two stange time travelers appear at the last second and offer their aid in fending off the nage. The players take the role of those travelers. I made cinematics for both victory and defeat.

You can try out NH here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=514&sid=1af5280d69fefd75607623a446bc464d

Status
Not open for further replies.