• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ninth Released Map- Land of the Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
This was the first map I made after the release of TFT. I loved the Ashenvale tileset and I’ve always been fascinated with the whole “ruins in the forest” type themes. I merged the Ashenvale and Sunken ruins tilesets to help create that effect. It’s a huge 8 player map with maxed out doodads. Terraining my the main emphasis on this map. Each player starts in a “temple” which is very easily defendable, but build space is tight. Since there are few trees near the starting position, I added wood items to give players the boost in wood they need to get their expansions going. Because of that, this map works very poorly with the AI (except night elves). Everything is maxed; doodads, neutral buildings, creeps, map size, ect.

You can try out LOTF here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=515&sid=1af5280d69fefd75607623a446bc464d

Status
Not open for further replies.