• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teleportation and "tunneling" structures {Starcraft's «nidus canal»}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, i was just wondering if anyone knew how to make a building like a waygate that could be contructed and could teleport users to other built teleportation buildings. I have already tried giving it the archamages mass teleportation ability, which would work fine in theory, exept for the fact that becasue the building cannot move the ability activates then disipates without anything happening.

Also instead of that i thought i may be able to use a system like dawn of wars eldar webways, were if you mount troops into a webway gate you could unload them at another webway gate across the map, sort of like loading up a goblin zeplin and unloading them from another one across the map. That system would represent bunkers which were all conected by a tunnel which troops could move through.

So if anyone has any ideas the would be much appretiated.

Level 2
Do you want it so that every building "X" can connect to any other Building "X" or are only two of the buildings connected like the nidus canal in Starcraft?

Level 2
maby you could do something like using the relly point of the building, assuming it doesn't train units, and use when a unit comes within X units of the building and if rallypoint of the building is with in X units of another building (of the same type) as well as owned by the same player (Or ally of player) and move entering unit to position of rally point.
Don't no if it would work. See if anyone else has any ideas.

Level 4
I knew how to do this a long time ago, so, I am going to tell you what I remember and what I am able to find out quickly in the WE and you will have to find out pieces I don't.
First of all, the unit should have the door hability (in spanish it's "habilidad puerta"), portals and gates found in neutral pasive have that hability. Then, to allow units to be teleported from one door to another one, you must place a region where the unit will be teleported after it enters the door.
Now, multi-teleport was easy using a GUI if I don't remember bad. After you have your doors and regions you have to find out which one from the effect of an ability conditions works OK with the portal hability. Once you are able to do this, you open a dialog bar with dialog buttons corresponding to teleport points. After that you move instantly units in the door region to corresponding region, or you figure out how to change the doors porting region.
Well, I cannot remember anything else about it, so you can easily comunicate two doors and are one or to steps from making the multiport.
I'm sorry I cannot help you more.
Good luck!

(Regions are the key to this, you can trigger if unit enters region if u like)

Status
Not open for further replies.