• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Team Creation: The Gulid 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I wish to put together a team of map makers with the goal of completeing a custom map based on the game The Guild 2. I beleave that this map will benifit greatly from a colabrative effort, benifiting from the strengths of each member and not the weaknesses of a single creator.

I beleave the team will need a talented object editor, a trigger/scripter capable of makeing the systems described below, and a modeler to create some unique models to flavor the game.

The largest obsticals are a large market system, where the market in town ajusts it buying and sales price on supply levels and the towns demand.

The production system, where your shop turns raw material into finnished goods in a set amount of time based on your employee's skill level and your characters skill level plus any bonuses yeilded from shop enhancements.

AI governing all npcs, npcs will wander around town fullfilling basic needs and adding an element of life to the streets. npc's will visit church and the taverns when off work, and they all go home to sleep at night.

Court and Crime, system. your character and npcs can do illegal things, such as rob houses and shops, kidnaps for ransom, murder, bribes. all these crimes are normaly witnessed by passing npc's and can be discovered by npc's or players when they "ask around" for rummors on crimes. with enouph evidence gathered on crimes you can or an npc can go to court and have a trial to bring the charges against the accused.

Skill system, Every character includeing npc's have a table of skills that effect the game, retroic, empathy, dexterity, constitution, arcane knowledge, stealth, martial arts, handycraft, i think those are all of them, the concept of the system is all thats really required, the skills included can be custimized. each skill effects the game in a unique way, constitution increases your characters hp and life span, martial arts increases your dmg slightly and your chance to hit, dexterity is your ranged weapon chance to hit and dodge chance in a fight. handycraft is your chracters production bonus given to all shops he owns.

If you have the skills and are willing to assist in this project, please leave a reply with what you can do.

Level 4
Hey mate i would love to help. The Guild 2 is one of my favourite games. Was a fantastic concept and i feel this could be a very good warcraft map.

I would love to help you out on this. I am okay at terraining and i am vaery familiar with the guild 2.

also i am good at project management. so i can do that for you

any way give me a yell

Level 2
well i look forward to working on the map, so far its just you and me interested, hopefully some more people join in. but if not we can still attempt to make the map.

Level 4
can always recruit as we go..

the key to actually getting a map finished is the commitment.. gotta put in the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.