• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team colored "Region Model" in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, as far as I know, the model/visual for a creating a region in the editor is not usable as a model and can not be viewed in game. That is exactly what I need though for my map.

I am actually a bit surprised this does not already exist. There are plenty of grid / board game type maps on hive and elsewhere and a resource like this could be very helpful to many.

In short, if anyone is willing to make this:
- Model that looks similar to a region
- team colored
- somewhat transparent like a region
- square shaped

Any takers?

Level 4
Awesome dude. That is exactly what I needed and pretty close to perfect. I started using them on my particular project and realized the transparency is not enough, in game, it becomes pretty hard to see any of the detail through it. Anyway to tone it down and make it more see through / less bright?

If its too much, no worries, you have done more than enough already! :D

Level 4
Been working with it on my map and it really doesn't look too bad. Thanks for the input, Dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.