• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Team Code Save Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fud

Fud

Level 3
I am creating a map and need a trigger that will let teams save codes that they can use in future rounds. For instance if 5 players play a round together and win they get a code. (the whole team gets the same code) next time they play together they can enter the code and they will receive an amount of lumber relative to their wins. The code will ONLY work when those five players are on the same team and all present. If another team uses that same code nothing will happen.

Seeing I lack the knowledge of triggers to do anything close to this I need someone to either write it for me or teach my step by step how to do it myself... Regardless, I will make sure you get full credit for your work.

Thank You,
Manic

Level 31
Well, this can be done modifying current save/load resources a bit. My stuff is really the only stuff suitable to this task as it uses encryption keys based on player names to modify the encryption scheme. Others poorly store the player name instead, making the code much longer.

Anyways, those resources are being updated over winter (finally have time to work on this stuff again now that the semester is over ^^). If you wait a bit, you'll have some really good stuff to work with compared to what's currently done : ).

Also, there is an interactive tutorial that does teach you how to do save/load. However, it isn't finished yet (is being written into many more lessons than it currently has), and it doesn't currently include the super advanced stuff.

Modifying the current things to work off of multiple players rather than one would be extremely easy. It'd probably take me about 3 minutes =).

Level 3
If you ask me it's not possible to be done because players may be in different order yet in the same team. If this is to be done you better go and create new game not a new map... In my opinion it's not worth trying to create such a save/load. Yet there may be simple solution but finding it out don't look that simple to me at the moment.

Fud

Fud

Level 3
Yah i considered that. simply using alphabetical would make sure that it doesn't cause any problems. And btw (idk if this affects anything) the game auto restarts after every round. The winning team would enter a code at start, win, get new code, enter new code and so on...

Nestharus your help would be much appreciated.

Level 18
Yea but it isn't necessary that the players enter the codes in if they haven't left the game - I think that's what he was getting at.

If all you're interested in is the amount of wins each team has, and which players are on the team, then there isn't a very difficult solution.

Player names would have to be sorted alphabetically so they can be analyzed equally between games, without the order of the players changing anything.

Then the player names would have to be encoded into something smaller. I'm not familiar with how Nestharus does his encoding but maybe I'll give it a look.

The encoding of the amount of wins would be easy, since you're going to be dealing with integers that aren't particularly high.

Fud

Fud

Level 3
Player names would have to be sorted alphabetically so they can be analyzed equally between games, without the order of the players changing anything.

Thats how everyone and their mother hacked the CHF codes.

Nestharus... as easy as you make it sound... I still suck at triggers. I started playing them about 4 days ago (that's when I finally fixed my trigger editor.)

Level 18
Nestharus you just know everything eh? I bet you could tell me whether he was hungry at the time too.

The point is nothing is safe. The ability to read the map outside of Warcraft III allows anything to be done to it. If the maps were saved on Blizzard's servers, however (you play them from there) then this kind of thing would not be so easily possible.

Level 31
Nestharus you just know everything eh? I bet you could tell me whether he was hungry at the time too.

The point is nothing is safe. The ability to read the map outside of Warcraft III allows anything to be done to it. If the maps were saved on Blizzard's servers, however (you play them from there) then this kind of thing would not be so easily possible.

Well, I was the person who made the save/load in CHF and I also kept track of whether that dude who was cracking it could crack mine. He gave up after a day and just cracked the map instead. Even with the map open, he couldn't figure out my stuff : P, so he set the wins var.

Level 1
In ESS Talent Profile application, we have different tabs like Internal Work Experience, External Work Experience, Education etc where user can enter data. And, the data is saved when the user presses Save Button in the header area.

We have a requirement that whenever has entered data in one tab (for ex: Internal Work Experience) and then changes tab (for example to go to External Work Experience), the data entered should be automatically saved.

I know that when Save button is clicked, FPM_SAVE event is triggered to save the data. The save button is already configured and available on the header. But, i want to trigger the save on tab change.

1. How do we trigger an FPM save on tab change? Which method is it best to write code for the save? Is it in any specific method of Webdynpro components like HRTMC_TP_WORKEXP_EXTERNAL, HRTMC_TP_WORKEXP_INTERNAL, HRTMC_TP_EDUCATION where FPM_SAVE can be triggered?

2. I have seen posts in SDN which says that Save can be triggered only through WebDynpro component HRTMC_TP_SHARED_DATA, which has IF_FPM_TRANSACTION implemented. How do i make this work with Tab change?

3. I have looked for a code example that triggers FPM_SAVE, but can't seem to find one. What i am looking is a custom code sample to trigger FPM_SAVE which can be coded on tab change methods?

Please provide inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.