• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I am making a map with income and I set up this trigger
  • Income Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- 1 --------
      • Set Income_unit[1] = Arrow Tower 1
      • Set Income_provided[1] = 1
      • -------- 2 --------
      • Set Income_unit[2] = Orc Burrow 2
      • Set Income_provided[2] = 2
      • -------- 3 --------
      • Set Income_unit[3] = Watch Tower 3
      • Set Income_provided[3] = 3
      • -------- 4 --------
      • Set Income_unit[4] = Arcane Tower 4
      • Set Income_provided[4] = 4
      • -------- 5 --------
      • Set Income_unit[5] = Farm 5
      • Set Income_provided[5] = 5
      • -------- 6 --------
      • Set Income_unit[6] = Halls of the Dead 6
      • Set Income_provided[6] = 6
      • -------- 7 --------
      • Set Income_unit[7] = Fountain Of Life Blood 7
      • Set Income_provided[7] = 7
      • -------- 8 --------
      • Set Income_unit[8] = Pedestal 8
      • Set Income_provided[8] = 8
      • -------- 9 --------
      • Set Income_unit[9] = Gnoll Hut 9
      • Set Income_provided[9] = 9
      • -------- 10 --------
      • Set Income_unit[10] = Aviary 10
      • Set Income_provided[10] = 10
      • -------- 11 --------
      • Set Income_unit[11] = Ice Hut
  • Ice Hut 11
    • Set Income_provided[11] = 13
    • -------- 12 --------
    • Set Income_unit[12] = Pig Farm 12
    • Set Income_provided[12] = 15
    • Set Income_totalunits = 12
and I have this trigger to produce the units
  • Units Suggestion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer generalintegers[1]) from 1 to Income_totalunits, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Income_unit[generalintegers[1]]
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove (Trained unit) from the game
              • Set Income[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Income[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + Income_provided[generalintegers[1]])
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Box 1 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Box 2 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Box 3 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Box 4 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Box 5 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Box 6 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
but when the units come out there is like 10 but I only want one. If you can help me with this I will +rep you and thank you.

Level 6
If I'm understanding your trigger,
Simply remove the For Each action (the loop)
Make sure you take the If/Then/Else action out first, or you'll lose all of that. (but I think GUI has an undo button)

Also, if you get spare time, You're trigger leaks a lot.
Check out some leak tutorials.
Such as this one.

Level 18
It's creating many units because that's what you do when the unit that is trained is not of a certain type. Since you do this check on an array of unit types, obviously where it will evaluate true for one index it will evaluate false for another - this will execute your Else code which creates 6 units.

You say that it creates "like 10 units"; is this accurate? I don't see how this code could ever produce 10 units, I would assume multiples of 6.

Level 17
It's creating many units because that's what you do when the unit that is trained is not of a certain type. Since you do this check on an array of unit types, obviously where it will evaluate true for one index it will evaluate false for another - this will execute your Else code which creates 6 units.

You say that it creates "like 10 units"; is this accurate? I don't see how this code could ever produce 10 units, I would assume multiples of 6.
I agree with berb if you are going to describe the problem be as accurate as possible. Dont give a Like this many units.

Status
Not open for further replies.