• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tauren Brute

Tauren unit with owlbear animations. Don't use custom textures. Comes with two versions - one with tribal tattoos and one without. If anybody have ideas for Tauren buildings or units - feel free to give me suggestions :)
Previews
Contents

TaurenBruteAlternate (Model)

TaurenBruteAlternate_Portrait (Model)

TaurenBrute (Model)

TaurenBrute_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A tauren model that could be useful. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 9
Tauren ideas?
Tauren with big-ass scythe, to chop Centaur legs off in battle
Tauren with big horns, attachment points on those horns, and a set of simplistic corpse attachments of different races - i.e. enemies he impales on his horns
Unarmored Tauren with massive helmet, humanoid Stand and Walk animation, but Wolf's Walk Fast, Ready, and Attack animations - i.e. a savage, who runs on all four (as a nod to their Plainsrunning from WoW Alpha), rams enemies with his head and mauls them with his fists.

Defensive structure that is a big Barrens stone pillar with another rock balanced on top, surrounded by ropes. Attack animation drops the rock and destroys the pillar in explosion of dust (basically, a heavy-duty land mine)

Level 34
If anybody have ideas for Tauren buildings or units - feel free to give me suggestions
There are some old warcraft 3 concept art pieces about taurens that could be great to translate to models:
d7g37yr-ee4e6822-1ea2-4a64-9531-a269b92a28a3.jpg
d7g776i-ad63e5cc-0ad3-4061-987e-57f153e2abff.jpg
d7g6zix-ce1e3285-b58d-4c72-b4c6-f86f963b0221.jpg
d7g75we-20c4c68e-ab09-4f30-b29a-da0b3678a735.jpg
Kel_Stonebull.jpg

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
@stein123, you are the man for dredging up some Samwise art. Don't forget this great WIP lost to time:
full

OP, also consider poking around the forum/concept art archives I've made of the Ominous Horizons total conversion mod; they had 4 factions planned, and one of the only ones they finished was the Tauren, so there's lots to look at:

(I particularly like the fem!Tauren concepts (Ardent is bae), but also the "Obsidian Pillar" thing they had going on for their towers)

Attachments

• Ominous Horizons - Tauren Stuff.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
Level 34
I friggin love the plainstrider model from OH, i tried to fix it a bit to use, but a modern remake of all of those sweet models would be fantastic; also, i kinda peregrin every year to that old gallery to give a 5 stars to all those abandoned / lost meshes u______u

Level 3
oooh, any chance we could see a new tauren runemaster model from you in the future? or perhaps maybe some adaptations of other tauren classes from the RPG like the Holy Strider and Plagueshifter? o:

i second checking out the old tauren assets and concepts from the cancelled Ominous Horizons mod, some really interesting stuff there!