1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Take back the Voting system!

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by WeEX, Aug 31, 2005.

1. WeEX

WeEX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why removing the map rating? Take it back please!!

2. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is the super mod's decision. And Darky has to be here. Through there's 0.0000001% chance that the rating will be taken back. We almost lost Vexorian because of that. I say No.

-Rui

3. JetPack

JetPack

Resources:
    Resources:
    The rating system was flawed and corrupt, people voting each other's resources down out of spite, people giving 5's on resources that didn't deserve it. Overall it was a worthless system and was removed justly so.

4. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    JetPack hit the nail on the head there. it was a bad system and the majority of the site agreed it needed to be deleted. and it did.

so NO, not gonna come back.

5. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, people were not using the rate system correctly. Of course, people can have different opinions, but when a resource is rated 5 by 90% of the people, and one guy reaches there and votes 1... there's something wrong here. And that's exacly what happened to Vexorian. Even today, I can remember most of Vexorian's words. I say No and No. The removing of that system reduced the number of flamers. At least on my presence.

-Rui

6. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    As VGSatomi said on those old topics abou this we did lost Vexorian but he came back when the Darky was here and deleted the voting system. Stop talking about this there has already been enough discussion about it. Read all about it here: http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=12157&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

7. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. Vexorian

Vexorian

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyways, vexorian this, vexorian that, also consider that the only one able to remove it was Darky29, the owner of the site, and he decided to do so.

9. darklord_avalon

darklord_avalon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    yep vote system was bad, I got people hittin me wit 0's cause they didnt like me, or anime stuff an I said I liked anime :shock: so, its removal was a good thing.