• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey,
This is my first ever topic which I really need an answer on.

Me and my friends started playing warhammer 40k td and found it such an awsome game but we can't get passed level 14 or 15 (we btw play it on easy mode as well). Any tactics would be much appriciated, for example what race is good (tactics for tau would be ideal), what formation to use, where to place your troops...
We also sometimes only play with six people so any help on that to.

Level 21
ok i will give you a small and breif stratergy for imperial guards. note this doesnt work for grey

first thing is to build a line of troopers (the cheapest units) next to each other from wall to wall in your area. you will have to leave one gap on the edge (not in the middle!!!) for creeps to get through. then make another row of the smae troops back across the other troops (again leave a gap between them and at the end for creeps).

it should look a bit like this

Key: || = wall, - = trooper, _ = one game space.

||_-------------||
||__________||
||-------------_||

i hope that makes sense.

then you want to upgrade two troopers all teh way up to the special arms squad people (the most expensive ones, 90 gold) these will handle air. then spend the next money u get upgrading all the troopers to the kariskan troopers (the better ones). then build about 2 more special weapons, mabey only one if u arent getting the kills. after that its easy just build a basilisk, it will own, and u can build the more advanced things after that.

Level 2
Wierdoct, I will be posting a strategy that may help you within the next few days, depending on if I make it into the hall of fame or not. I'll be posting a few generic 'Win' tatics that can give you high % of victory, regardless of difficulty, except impossible because you soo need another strat for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.