• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

System for damage block: is a reasonable system or can this be done in better way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old system:
Give each unit global 50% evasion and give each hero 45%+5% per agility True Strike.

Result:
True Strike does not active with frost arrow, is not active with basher ranged attack, maybe other orbs effects totaly ignore the system giving enemies too much evade chance.

My new system:
  • Attacked Trigger Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacking unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Greater than or equal to 45
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add classification of Mechanical to (Attacking unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Remove classification of Mechanical from (Attacking unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • ((Attacking unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Greater than or equal to (45 - (5 x (Agility of (Attacking unit) (Include bonuses))))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add classification of Mechanical to (Attacking unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Remove classification of Mechanical from (Attacking unit)
Give each global unit harden ability with 100% chance to block 100000 damage from enemy, mechanical.
Result:
Damage is blocked and turned into 1.00 damage, orb effects still hit and poison ignores the system as it deals huge damage without the need or checking anything.

Pros: bash and critical strike can be added with items without ruin the system.
Cons: poison and orb of lightning and the such are ignoring the system completely.

Is there a way to improve such system?

Attachments

• Freedom Force 2 v0.32b.w3x
    565.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I prefer to use a damage detection system.

Take a look at the damage modification system in my signature, it's a simple wrapper for Bribe's GUI Damage Engine.

The downside to this approach is that all spell damage in your map must be triggered.

Gonna give it a go, also, I added my map to make it more understoodable of what I was talking about

Edit: Isn't damage detection systems use healing after a damage was done? this means that damage that brought the unit with 1 health point would get killed it before you could have healed it back? my Hardened Skin System is avoiding death even in such cases, how you deal with it in your system?

An ability is added that gives the unit 50 000 hit points, the damage is healed, and the ability is removed.

This also resolves another issue that this approach normally has: damage isn't prevented when the unit is full health, because the healing cannot put it above 100% hit points and is done before damage is dealt.

Nice!. but why does spell damage causes a problam?

Status
Not open for further replies.