• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sylvan race

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made a new race for my map based on vegetation.None of it's unit can move but they can be spawn everywhere on the map by spreading seed and pollen.
It's purpose is to litteraly invade the map and surrounding it with vegetation.
You can see the progression on the screenshots.
New models on screenshot are by me.

Screenshot 1 :The begining of the game.I've spread my spore and the vegetation start invading the map.

Screenshot 2 :The invasion keep progressing.My plant and deadly flower are growing.

Screenshot 3 :An entire forest of deadly vegetation surround the map.The others players are cuting and killing my plants.It's litteraly a deforestation but they grow again even more large.

Screenshot 4 :A zoom on my forest.You can see Venolia,Pyrolia,Thorny creeper and invading vine.

Attachments

• SylvanSpirit1.jpg
    SylvanSpirit1.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 2,562
  • SylvanSpirit2.jpg
    SylvanSpirit2.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 2,567
  • SylvanSpirit3.jpg
    SylvanSpirit3.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 2,402
  • SylvanSpirit4.jpg
    SylvanSpirit4.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 2,332

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Looks pretty hectic and messy to me.

Yes it's the most advanced map i've ever done.It's already playable and all i can do is some balance and add new race,new stuff.

Added new unit :The cactivor
When it attack a deadly spike come out from his mouth to impale enemy unit in its path.

Attachments

• Cactivor1.jpg
    Cactivor1.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 745
  • Pheromone trap.jpg
    Pheromone trap.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 869
  • Cactivor.jpg
    Cactivor.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 783
Sounds like a cool idea, but all I am worried about is being able to determine hwat is what in-game. From the screens, I could hardly pick the different units apart from eachother.

It's because you're not familiarized with the units but once you've played the map you know unit and their role in the army.

About the tongue of the cactivor it's indeed long but it come up and come back very fast as chameleon tongue you see it during 0.3 seconds and look good ingame.

Edit :I think what is confusing is the invasion vine it's like blight.You have to spawn your plants on this or else they won't survive any longer.

Attachments

• Invasion vine.jpg
    Invasion vine.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Level 3
Impressive models Callahan, really impressive! What would be cool would be like a massive three-tier town hall tree or something, would be a good source for the invasion roots to. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.