1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Swords and Scepters v. 2.44

Submitted by Tempopopo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Swords and Scepters (SaS for short) is an AoS map with only one large lane and stronger creep waves. Players need to focus on pushing instead of farming or hero-killing. SaS is specialized on variety of selections for class and skill.

-----------------------------
This map included a lot of issues such as models, icons, and codes that are all resourced in The Hive Workshop. The map creator will definitely credit the resource owners later in the next versions.
-----------------------------

:: General Information ::

- 29 types of custom Classes (different models used for the opposite team).
- 8 choices of selectable skill for each class.
- 2 choices of selectable ultimate skill.
- 6 types of upgradable creep can be added to the wave.
- 8 types of upgradable item.

:: Features ::

- Skill Crafting; this system combines the element of a Hero-Craft map into an AoS. None of skills can be learned through gaining levels. Use your gold to purchase them from the Skillmasters (you can find them at the Circle of Power in your base). Although the skills for each class have their own unique concept depend on which class you are playing. Since your hero has 7 unused spaces for skill icons, you can have the maximum of 6 types of normal skill and 1 ultimate skill. Arrange your class out depending on what's going on in the game. Make your own build of hero.

- 1 BIG LANE; this system prevents players from keep disappearing from the lane and go forest-farming or gang-backdooring the enemies, losing what AoS style map used to have at the beginning, Pushing. Swords and Scepters has this feature to protect what an AoS map should be like.

- Tower Capturing; following a 1 Big Lane ideal, this Tower Capturing system is added to make the pusing goes on. Whenever a tower has been destroyed, it will be recreated instantly, but for the enemy instead.

- Armor Types; seeing that melee heroes would easily find troubles farming their first levels in the game since SaS has only one lane which contains all ranged heroes and casters who own the battlefield when comes to range-harassing, Swords and Scepters provides the armor system that grants melee heroes the ability to take great amount of lower damage from attacks, making them able to survive during their early flows.

- Skill Point system; skills, ultimates, and equipments require Skill Points. This point can be obtained when your hero gains a level, or when an enemy hero has been killed. This system force the players to decide what/when to learn which skill, or which items. And since heroes need to fall back to base to learn their skills, this further forces the player to plan their strategy on when to hold the defense line, and when to retreat.

- Item Forging; Swords and Scepters does not have many choices of item, but only the basic equipments that focus the best on thier functions; Sword, Shield, Boots, Gloves, Necklace, Pendant, Health Stone, and Mana Stone. All of these equipments can be forged to the maximum of 8 levels.

- Powerful Army; creep wave in this map is way huge compares to the other AoS maps. This makes upgrading creeps seemed to be greatly considerable choice for pushing improvement of your team. Also each kind of creep the players can add to the army help supporting the players themselves in many ways.

Thank you for playing.

Keywords:
swords and scepters, swords, scepters, aos, fantasy, hero craft
Contents

Swords and Scepters v. 2.44 (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. I like how you did the hero/ability picking. Wide variety of abilities for each hero. Should lessen the amount of time between waves in my opinion.
  1. VGsatomi: Approved. I like how you did the hero/ability picking. Wide variety of abilities for each hero. Should lessen the amount of time between waves in my opinion.

2. Tempopopo

Tempopopo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please give feedbacks and suggestions for map improvement.

3. DarkRock

DarkRock

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi
    i played the map solo and i have the next notes or questions:

First, is it meant that i level up at base?
    Second, you should work a little on heroes and abilities (e.x Axarr the great Firelord which revive him has a lot of mana considering that this hero main attribute is Strength not to mention that it's have a long cooldown) thats an example.
    Third, The Towers should have lower attack annd some more armor.(thats what i say you don't have to follow it).

Otherwise the game looks fine.

4. Tempopopo

Tempopopo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for suggestion.

Some heroes' skills need to be balanced and thank you for your feedback on Reincarnation. I will follow it as well since the Berserker's other ultimate (Mortal Strike) is a lot better compare to Reincarnation.

btw what do u mean by " level up at base? "
    if u r talking about learning skill at base, yes. becoz this map is 5-5 AoS with only 1 lane so leaving the battleground and go back to base would'nt be a big problem becoz your teammates gain more experience when someone leaves the battle :)

It's up to u to decide who and when to go back. turn by turn.

5. What you don't know

What you don't know

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played this solo as well, and I found two things you might want to make weaker.

The summoner and the level 8 items from the Blacksmith. I got my summoner's abilities to level 5. They were all of the summoning ones, along with summoning mastery. He never died. I played a paladin, which I thought was balanced, but the items from the blacksmith made him quite overpowered, as they would with any hero.

Other then that, great map! It would be fun online, definitley.

6. Tempopopo

Tempopopo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thx for more feedback :)

Yes the level 8 item is quite great all of them, but u have to consider that its hard to forge them to the 8th level when u play it online 5-5.

becoz your exp will be shared among 5 ppl and u won't get as much gold and as much lumber since its harder to level up.

Summoner is very well good class on one-on-one or playing solo since he can farm a lot of creep and can hunt down towers easily.
    And u might have to know this; Summoner's summons will instantly die if the summoner gets killed. :)
    So its very hard to play summoner when the other side has some WW killer like assassin or ninja, or sniper that can harass the summoner out the whole game.

Paladin with Pulverize and level 8 Gloves would be outstanding. BUT since he is melee makes him harder to farm gold at early game would make him that much imba.

Try playing this online ^^ it will gaurantee my words

Thx for suggestion. May be I will think about nerfing Summoner and Paladin a little, though.

7. Tempopopo

Tempopopo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    v2.10 released

Changed all the models of the East side to Orcs and a lot of imba and icon fixed.

8. Somaz

Somaz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, you want, you got it :p Hi!

Played the map, and i have seen quite some problems.

1) All the texts are not centered. To center them, you should create floating texts at point with offset. For example x:-100 y:85. This way the texts will be centered.
    2) Second, and quite big problem, is the lag. You have too many units in your map. The game is lagging a bit, and what will happen, when you train more units from the barracs? You should come up with an original solvation of the problem.
    3) In the barracs, the units aren't described properly. It just says it adds Knight (for example) to the wave. But what if i don't want the knight? What if i want the sorceres? Then i look, and the sorceres says the same. You should write what stats she has, or what abilities (like heal or slow) she has got.
    4) When i capture 1 of the 2 towers in the center, the spawned creeps go forward, forgeting about the second enemy tower. Please fix that. They should attack the second tower, if it belongs to the enemy.

But overall, nice job! You should realy take a look at #2 and #3. Good luck ;]

9. Tempopopo

Tempopopo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thx Somaz for suggestions :)

that helps on #1 with the text.

and yeah #4 can be fixed easily by just moving towers to be closer ( or something like that ).

#3 yep u right. i have to fix that

#2.... hmm lemme c how do i do this?

10. Somaz

Somaz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    #2, i have absolutely no idea, exept for reducing their count at least at start.

#4 Just create a trigger, that looks if the second tower belongs to the enemy, when your creeps spawn. Then it orders to attack it first, and then go to the next point.

11. T3MPL4R

T3MPL4R

Resources:
    Resources:
    well your saying that the item forge wahtever thing level 8. is easy to get when your playing solo. but its harder to get when doing 5v5. not everyone will always play 5v5. so maybe you can do some sorta system so that at the start it checks the amount of players. then it adjusts the cost of the forgin thing
    i guess you could just recreate the item but put it at different prices. enless theres a trigger to change the gold. i havent played yet but it looks good

GJ :thumbs_up:

12. Peacehagen

Peacehagen

Resources:
    Resources:
    tried to solo play it and i enjoyed the map, just some things i thought about

- Reduce the advantage of capping a tower, once I had capped 2 towers the waves could go alone and cap the rest in just a few minutes, since when capping a tower the enemy team loses 3 adds, while the capping team gains 3, thats a 6 add difference jst by one tower, with 2 towers thats a 12 adds different. You might want to change that to make it more balanced :)

- With so many creeps in each wave, its hard as a melee not to get aggro, i would suggest to reduce the damage from ranged creeps as they are harder to get away from than melee.

- Towers should have greater survivability in general. Also I didn't check, but if the towers behind the first one doesn't get stronger, then they should, because the waves increase in numbers and Heroes grow stronger as time goes by, the towers in the back will just fall to quickly if they are not stronger than the front towers.

Thats about it, havn't checked any Hero balancing since its hard to do alone :p but I enjoyed the map and hope you continue to balance it out, I would really like to try this in multiplayer :)

13. Tempopopo

Tempopopo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Peacehagen
    Thank you for testing! : )

I guess it's hard to change the number of adds in each wave since that would affect the exp gains of heroes, but I could try making those peasants/peons weaker instead. Still, this is an interesting suggestion. And also your suggest on reducing damage of range units, too.

About the back tower should be stronger; well this too is quite hard to balance because making the towers stronger means when the opponent capture them, they will be the stronger ground for them too, and that would make it harder for the defending team to capture back. I need to find some other method to deal this this somehow, but I can see your point.

Thank you :)

14. Peacehagen

Peacehagen

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's true, one way to deal with the towers would be this, if they were stronger in the back:

- Capturing a tower in the back would create a weaker tower for the capturing team.
    - Recapturing your tower in the back would create the stronger version again.

However, when I think about it, it would be too easy to defend then, and really hard to capture the last towers :p since you have longer to your base when attacking and the defenders are already in their base.

Damn, it will be hard for you to balance this hehe :D

But if you weaken the peasants it should balance it out a bit I think :) when playing multiplayer it probably is a bit more balanced aswell. You should try and recruit a testing team of at least 6 people so you can try 3v3 and balance the map on their testing. Make a post in the forum or something :)

15. Tempopopo

Tempopopo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol I also have tried that method and it went just like you said. The defending team captured the tower back in just 1-2 minute, and cpuld push back to the enemy base and capture their back tower, then the opponent capture it back. That turned into a loop and made that a 1 hour game, which I don't want that.

and well I've been balancing this map with my team for 10 late versions (we play 3v3 or 4v4 sometimes) but I surely still want to hear suggestions from people in this site.

16. Peacehagen

Peacehagen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok :) then I can see this concept is hard to balance :p

I hope I could help you a little atleast, and I will try this map again to see if I can find something else :) good luck with the map :)

17. zv27

zv27

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why do you use red and green slot?
    You should output the player 1 and player 7, because you generally do not need to define which player is controlled by computers.If you do not know how to do it,just say, I will gladly help you.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  18. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    recapture tower too much make tower broke? . . map quite fun XD

19. Tempopopo

Tempopopo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @zv27
    to be honest, no I don't know how to do it lol but for now there are many triggers that pointing Player1 and Player7, so changing this whole thing will cause me a lot of troubles refixing the triggers.

So I will think about it, and it would be great to know how to do this if you please : ) Thank you very much!