• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sword Attachment WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
OK, so this is my first model (ever), and I could use some advice.

Tell me what you think.

Oh, and is the sword suppose to be black on 1 side. I got that by making half of the sword, then copied, mirror front back, and then made em together.

If its not suppose to be like that, tell me how to fix it please, along anything else.

Attachments

• SwordWIP1S.png
    SwordWIP1S.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 186
Level 11
Glad you like it. But, polygons are rather high, so, if I manage to get texture to look good,
I will have to work on reducing polies. Thos 2 "circles" at bottom and top of the handle really kill it. I will have to reduce them...

Level 11
Circle is the middle part. Thats what I meant by it being big. I'm kinda new to this, and I till have to learn how to make things look good with low polies.

I will do my best to try and fix that part. But right now I don't have time. I'll do it after school.

Level 7
Looks nice, the black is because Milkshape uses a light source that is only on one side, so don't worry about it.

But a great model can look like shit if it has a shitty texture, so up to the texturing :grin:

good luck
T.

um if its 3d it wont be black on one side, if its still 2d it will be, if you do get black, then just Reverse the Vertex Order of the faces only if its completely 3d lol

Status
Not open for further replies.