• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fantasy Long Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hi, ive been 3d modelling for about a half year now and i just finished up a Fantasy Long Sword, it has 1090 polys, i used a technique called box modelling, all i did was place one box and then just model away (took me about 30min-1 hour to finish) and the result was quite nice, it was my first time ever box modelling, and i know that the area where i attached the blade with the handle is a bit off, but hey nothing is perfect!

Attachments

• Fantasy Long Sword (front).jpg
    Fantasy Long Sword (front).jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,191
  • Fantasy Long Sword (perspective).jpg
    Fantasy Long Sword (perspective).jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 999
  • Fantasy Long Sword (Blade Close-Up).jpg
    Fantasy Long Sword (Blade Close-Up).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 386
Level 6
yeah i know but the method i used for the blade, only allows me to make it pointy, im a bit dissapointed about the blade (because its pointy) i also thought that it should have been lss pointy, but that just didnt work, but im pretty happy with the outcome of the sword it self.

P.S. i might also put a little more details on the handle next time i make a sword, axe etc. i just realized the handle is to plane

Status
Not open for further replies.