1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SweetRevenge

Submitted by Imago_
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
----------
Imago_ Presents
----------

Sweet Revenge
Created by Imago_
with help from Lockheart
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a family affair. Our once so close sister didnt hesitate to stab us when she had the chance to. It seems she underestimated our will power.
What ever was her reason... I just want to see her and her allies dead.

Explore and enjoy this lovely terrained 1-2 player suited RPG map.

[​IMG]

Choose one out of three unique heroes. Alleria the agility based range hero, her sister Vereesa, a strength based melee battle maiden, or their arch mage Kael'thas, the intelligence based ruler of magical destruction to stroll through these corrupt lands for a last time.

[​IMG] 6 unique spells for every hero
[​IMG] Choose 1 out of 6 star signs with the rune stones
[​IMG] Custom spell system with 2 possible upgrades for ea spell
[​IMG] Custom alchemy system for brewing out of 12 various heroic potions
[​IMG] Comfortable backpack system for secondary equipment and ingredients
[​IMG] Shared income for creeps and drops
[​IMG] Damage detection system
[​IMG] Entertaining cinematic clips while exploring the adventure
[​IMG] Various hidden secrets and events
[​IMG] Interface changes for an appropriate atmosphere: cursor, menu and music!
[​IMG] Several uncommon quests leading you closer to your longed for revenge
[​IMG] Custom equipment system with 2 possible upgrades for ea hero specific items such as:​

Duell Mode: When you're 2 players and you've beaten the map the both of you can write "-duell" to activate a duell mode inside of Maedros' cathedral halls.
This way you can fight for the place of the true vanquisher! To leave simply write "-duell off"

Alleria: bow, quiver, leatherchest | Vereesa: sword, shield, mailchest | Kael'thas: staff, book, clothchest

[​IMG]

Game/Quest Map

[​IMG]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Terrain Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gameplay Screenshot

Image Description:
The Starting Area

[​IMG]

Image Description:
User Interface

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special thanks

Models:

Icons:

Tutorials/Systems:

Other:

[​IMG]

I would like to share my undead themed map with you. I'm an ordinary warcraft fan that put a lot of work and time into this game and I hope you will enjoy this. I tryed to keep it as close to Warcraft as possible. If I used your materials and I forgot to put you on the credits list send me a PM with the filename and I'll add you asap. Feel free to help me improving my mapping abilities with either your positive or negative criticism.

Keywords:
2 player, rpg, quest, adventure, horror, fanmade, sweet, revenge, sweet revenge
Contents

SweetRevenge (Map)

Reviews
12:24, 30th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Gameplay, Terrain, and other aspects of the game is amazing, although the cons of this map is when you press the Esc button and it takes some seconds before you can control your hero again. Map approved for recommended.
  1. 12:24, 30th Mar 2014
    Orcnet: Gameplay, Terrain, and other aspects of the game is amazing, although the cons of this map is when you press the Esc button and it takes some seconds before you can control your hero again. Map approved for recommended.

2. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Beautiful description and screenshots. Nice work +rep!

You seem to be missing credits though - please fix that.

Credits are mandatory.

[​IMG]

Looks perfect!!!
    Vote for approval!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  3. Lockheart

Lockheart

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the reply Legal_Ease, I lend a hand with description and screenshots and I'm glad you like it.

Imago_ did a fabulous job with terraining, events and gameplay.
    I played it quiten often now while testing and it always was a big fun.

Edit: Gathered most of the credits. Check 'em out! They really earn them.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  4. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm really searching for ways to improve the map but it's great. The only thing that's needed is a regeneration fountain or something, I have to wait a lot of time doing nothing just so the potion recharges. Some info about the game at the quests menu would be also helpful, some tips maybe?

I am still lvl 10 but map is very promising

5. Lockheart

Lockheart

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well we thought a regeneration fountain wouldn't fit to 'heal' the undead heroes and it originally was intented to fit especially for 2 players,
    however you should be able to play it solo if you care and make use of the potion.

After reading your post I thought a map could be helpful, so I created one and Imago_ will place it into the map description above.
    I marked all the quests, besides main quest since you can't miss it. Notice that I didn't mark the secret spots/events.

I hope you can make use of this map. Klick it to enlarge! (You start at the bottom right area)

[​IMG]

6. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you! Finished the map yesterday it was really fun. Found 2 bugs:

-burning armor can't upgrade to lvl 3
    -after we kill Sylvanas nothing happens
    -She has a bug where the animation plays over and over again.

Some thoughts: (we played with archer and tank)

-Game is very hard in the begging but very easy after you get to bandits.
    -Items need balancing. The first sword is the strongest and you start the game with it.Why not start the game with a "simple" sword and armor, and you change it later? Or you could allow later items to upgrade to higher lvls. First slot lvl 3, second lvl 4 third lvl 5.
    -Potions are useless. I was a tank and the first potion was necessary. Also would like to start with something weaker and upgrade from there.
    -You can kite every boss, makes it very easy to kill them.

Maybe I remember more, these are my first thoughts.

EDIT: if you don't want a heal fountain, than maybe something more..."undead like"? after you kill an enemy it heals 10 hp AoE or something. Or you get souls from each that you can use as a potion or buff .

7. Lockheart

Lockheart

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thanks man. Feels good to read you had much fun! :)
    I also want to thank you for your suggestions. We'll keep them in mind!

I also want to tell you a special I forgot to mention!
    When you're 2 players and you've beaten the map the both of you can write "-duell" to activate a duell mode inside of Maedros' cathedral halls.
    This way you can fight for the place of the true vanquisher! To leave simply write "-duell off"

8. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    hey, i played the map with robizeratul. How to reach the top right spot? Map showed that there are still creeps but we couldnt figure out how to get there. Plus what about those booksshelves, is there a riddle behind them? and speaking about riddles, you definitly should implement some.

9. Lockheart

Lockheart

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hey! There are some riddles, but they are pretty well hidden. For those bookshelves...
    I can tell that you've got to collect the propper book for each bookshelve. There are spread 4 books around the world.

There's also a hidden boss in a cave north west of the map.
    You might miss him since he's no main target.

The creeps you are speaking of are bosses and other creeps that spawn once they've been activated, for example due to a quest.
    Theres no way to walk there.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  10. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    I collected the 4 books and tried to drop them on the pedestals in the middle but it didn't work. I think it's either a bug or a different secret...

Will you be making more heroes for this map? would add a lot of replay value

11. Imago_

Imago_

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see, well this is a bit tricky. You've got to place the books next to the bookshelf.
    Afterwards you've got to select one of the shelfs by klicking it and you'll see their inventory.
    You've got to pick them up with this inventory.

Maybe this will be changed soon. Right now I'm working on something different. You'll see it once I'm done.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  12. Krolan

Krolan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Consider putting a fountain of life/healer at the "bases". It really is frustrating to sit around doing nothing waiting for the potion cooldown. Waited 5 full minutes to full heal at level 20 against first boss, then he locks my skills and kills me in 5 seconds.... I eventually killed him, dying 3 times in the process therefore loosing a good chunk of my money and rage-quitted as I would've gone insane running around trying to get the money back from creeps for the potion I wanted to make (had 330 before boss, needed 400).

I really don't see the point in not including a 'fountain of life'-ish thing, so you can at least go back to graveyard, chill around for a few seconds and be at full health/mana.

The only way I was able to keep my life and mana up was between lvl 10-20, where I had enough mana to kill enough mages to get to the next level and get the level-up-heal.

I checked, I was playing for around 3 hours, 2 of which consisted mainly of running away/hit-and-run/standing around - waiting for potion cooldown.

A "rest" ability as found in "Chosen Ones" and "To The Bitter End" and some other games would be a welcome alternative.

I actually have many good things to say about this map... I guess I'll restart and see if the strength hero has more survivability, but since the endless wait for healing is especially present in the beginning I don't feel like doing it right away.

The Graphics are beautiful, I love the way the ravens suddenly appear on lvl 10 (Agi-Hero), the design and layout of the map is stunning and the exploration value is high. Well, I will fully review this one as soon as I get back to and finish it.

Great Work

Krolan
    The Twisted

13. DUTY OF RS

DUTY OF RS

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The Description is like...... ≥Ö‿Ö≤
    The Gameplay looks cool, but ima gonna wait until a Moderator have looked into this and yes.
    The terrain looks..... ٩(●̮̃•)۶
    Interface...... (─‿‿─)

Overall it should be a good gameplay but im waiting!
    see ya! \ (•◡•) /

14. Krolan

Krolan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hive Journey

Played it through, didn't make it to the end cinematic though because of a bug. Killed the final boss anyway, so I consider it finished.

Gameplay - [++] ([0] as a singleplayer)
    Story - [+]
    Characters (+NPC) - [+]
    Graphics - [+++]
    Exploration - [+++]
    Quests - [++]
    Layout - [+++]
    Items - [++]
    Bugs - [+]

Full Review

3/5 - Vote for approval

15. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map approved.

16. felixng2012

felixng2012

Resources:
    Resources:
    If a fountain of healing isn't fitting maybe make creeps drop souls(sort of like healing runes) that allow you to heal.

17. fr0ggE

fr0ggE

Resources:
    Resources:
    As someone mentioned earlier:

- Can't upgrade to level 3 of the Burning Armor (for the strength hero)
    - The final cinematic with Sylvanas gets triggered over and over (think you forgot to turn it off or destroy it after it's triggered the first time)
    - After you kill Sylvanas, nothing happens,
    - Several quests "Complete" inside the quest description, but aren't marked as complete
    - When you hit f10, just about all of the custom icons turn green ... same thing happens when you are fighting Maedros...maybe it's one of his spells that stun you? Anyway, icons turn green, so maybe they need disbuttons?

Nice map. Needs a tiny bit more polish, and then it will be great.
    I agree with people that cooldown on your starting potion is too long, and that you have to wait around a lot at the beginning. I went in circles killing wolves for a long time before I even tried to fight the Flesh Golem, and that worked out well for me (I managed to avoid dying to him), but still, a LOT of waiting around at the start.

18. EternaLife

EternaLife

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cannot really be played in single player mode.. you just can't get anywhere, unless you want to fight, heal, run, wait for the potion cool down. It just takes too long man

19. fr0ggE

fr0ggE

Resources:
    Resources:
    I beat it in single player mode (with the strength hero), but it was definitely tedious at the beginning. I had to be patient for probably about 30 minutes, and then once I got strong enough to kill the flesh golem after that the difficulty was pretty good.