• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well as a Terraining - Beginner I present you a swamp terrain.

With this I hope I get some good hints to allow myself get better in this way to do art, pure art :p

Comment and rate it, Have no mercy while rating! I need suggestions and hints!

Attachments

• Swamp.jpg
    Swamp.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 176
Level 10
Oh man, where to begin.. back the cammera off the doodads it make the textures look stretched out - the fence right there needs to be deleted and the tree placment is bad exspecialy that one to far right side.

The entire background ends in real thick green fog it doesnt look good - you should place doodads back there and thin down the fog.

The sky doesnt match at all.

If your going to use those gyser/crater things with fog coming out of them at least rotate so the fog isnt paper thin.

Level 6
looks nice :) im definately a fan of the black and green fellwoody theme personally.
although two sugestions. the light green terrain palette brush is in veiw, you can see it in the lake. so make sure you cant see that in the future ;)

and also, try lowering the trees into the ground a fraction using Ctrl - PageDown to avoid seeing that terrible jagged edge at the bottom that leaves the trees floating.

but a good start :) keep it up! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.