• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super Mario voice pack release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey all! I've been toying with a mario map for some time now, and I currently have a partner teaching me jass so I can properly do what I want with my next project which will expand on that map. But, since I finished my sound sets for it last night, I figure I'll spread them out to the public.

Voices include:
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Toad
Bowser
Boo

All of which have models for them somewhere in the Hive, I believe. The sounds are highly compressed since they are rips from old games and don't have the greatest of quality to begin with. Unpacked, the set comes to 100kb, plus a few unused ones that I tossed in, in case anyone would like to use them.

Please credit me if you use these... and probably Nintendo as well :wthumbsup:

Oh yes... there are several creeps that ideally suit the number of sounds for each character. Personally, I use the following:

Faceless One, Quillbeast, Tuskarr, Winged Serpent, Lobstrokk, and Unbroken.

Have fun with it everyone!

EDIT: Updated, fixed a few sounds that bugged when imported into the editor. All have been tested in-game now and confirmed working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Actually I downloaded them from a site, but I know where they were originally from. I recognized a few of Luigi's from Mario Kart 64.

...I take it the same rule applies for sounds as well as it does for WoW models and such? If so, i'll just delete the thread. But really, where else are you going to get the 'Boo' sound effect for example, except from a game involving one? It's nearly impossible to replicate.

EDIT: I looked around for stickies regarding if a rule existed about that, but I didn't see one.

Level 36
I'm not sure about the legality of this.

It's like models. You can't buy a WoW model anywhere, but stealing it for use in your map is certainly illegal.

Until you can give me solid proof that it is not illegal to use these files in your map, and for us to host them here, the attachment will be disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.