• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Summoned Unit and that Ability dont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ahoi @ all
I have a litle problem with a skills and the summoned Unit

So the plan: I have the abillity "Trap". This Abillity summons the Unit "Slow Trap"
This slow trap have a "slowaura abillity" that slows enemies in Range 500.

I have created the Trap and add the "slowaura" abillity. Now ingame i use the "Trap" abillity, the "Slow Trap" summons but the "slowaura abillity" is not there.

Maybe you understand what i mean and can help me, why the abillity isn't there? :eekani:

Level 8
What ability do you use for summon your trap? because i sugest you to use the Healing Ward ability and summon a trap. If the ability dont work try a trigger:
  • SlowTrap
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawn a Summoned Unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Trap
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Slow Aura to (Summoned unit)

Level 6
Or, your slow aura doesn't work? :huh:

What ability did you use for the slow?

I'd use Endurance Aura, press Shift + Enter in the field that increases units speed and then enter a negative % value :wink:

Level 4
I have used the Trap witch see invisible Units (Dont know the name in english... :confused: )

The ability that i add to this trap, is the slowaura from the tornado

A Add the ability to a Hero and when i use the Ability INGAME, the Trap summons but the ability isn't avable. And the trigger doesn't help (I tested it)

Level 6
I'm telling you, try using the endurance aura but with a negative value, then change allowed targets to enemy :xxd:

Edit: Also, if you wanna hide the ability, add it to a Spell Book, give it to your unit and then disable Spell book at Map initialization.

Level 4
Hey i have a question with the negative endurance aura.

I try it but it doens't work on enemies.

I still have change the "Movement bonus by -70%" and set targets to: Air,Ground, Enemy
Must i change more that this ability works?

And because the tornadoaura... sure we dont see the icon, but the full ability isnt avable at this trap. ( And i add an icon and dont see it)

Level 5
Yeah, tornado Aura cannot have an icon, no matter what you try. I suggest creating a unit based off healing ward with the tornado aura in the unit ability field instead of healing ward aura, then change the summoned unit type in the Healing Ward spell so that it summons the one with the tornado aura.

And did you double check the fields? one of the easiest to commit mistakes is setting the targets allowed field for only one level.

Status
Not open for further replies.