1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Sunken City' started by SpasMaster, Apr 6, 2013.

1. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Suggestions
    • You can share any ideas that can improve the map in this thread.
    • Be constructive when commenting.
    • Suggest about anything in the map (Heroes, Quests, Terrain, Bosses, etc.)

2. switchwitch

switchwitch

Resources:
    Resources:
    I suggest to make this map as far beyond our imagination, reach the level that will be extoled by the grand-grandchildren and at that time, it will no more be a warcraft map,it's gonna be remembered as a sign of human being!!!

3. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Switch, are you high again? :D

4. fakeskins

fakeskins

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excellent map ,good balance of classes and with good team management it can be finnished really easy. Love the design for the heroes and the simple puzzles that don`t ruin the fast paced action.
    My problem comes in that moment when you don`t have 2 other friends to go through the map and playing solo takes some time and the map losses some of it`s fast paced action rythm. Would you consider including A.I. in a later version or adding a difficulty setting specially for fast and easy solo play?

5. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why don't you make Save/Load??

6. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So you can restart the game with OP level 10 hero and 1-shot level 1 creeps?

Really fun...

Also.

7. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't understand it :/ :/

8. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can save the game with Menu - Save Game (F10). There's no need to save the heroes to play with other players, because you'd eventually be different levels, and not to mention you'd be high level pretty much killing low level minions on start with 1 auto attack.

9. DESTROYER123

DESTROYER123

Resources:
    Resources:
    What about Ai????

10. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would be too hard to create it, and would support single playing. Despite the fact that people like single playing, Spasmaster and I strongly disagree on it.

11. FLo0pZ

FLo0pZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK first of all, great map. Easy learning curve, good triggers, great bosses. but if i could ask for a few simple suggestions.....
    Hero Selection

- Modify skill description for hero selection
    Add a -skills command

add a number code to each hero, display it in the tooltip for the hero selection. then create a command for players to use to help them figure out what type of skills the hero have whether its DPS / Heal / Single Target / AoE

{left to right, top to bottom}
    [01-08] INT Heroes (shaman =1, witch doctor = 8)
    [09-16] STR Heroes (warrior = 9, crimson warrior = 16)
    [17-24] AGI Heroes (Rogue = 17, Sapper = 24)

so typing -skills 10 would display the skill description for Paladin

Judgement of the Wise : Single Target Damage
    Crusader Strike : Single Target Damage / Taunt
    Flash of Light : Single Target Heal
    Divine Storm : AoE Damage / AoE Heal
    Seal of Light : Passive Attack Modifier (if this is orb attack should be displayed)
    Avenging Wrath : Self Buff
    ~ OR ~
    Modify the hero selection tooltip

something like this. forgot what color code red was
    [​IMG]

|cff87ceeb Normal skills
    |cffff8c00 Levelable Main skills
    |cff8b00ff Ultimate

most newbie players should be able figure to out if its normal/levelable/ulti through the colors
    ~ OR ~
    add a -repick command

if possible, some people might not like the hero they choose and mid-game might want to try another. if you repick midpoint, transfer level and items to the new class. you can only choose the same classtype (int hero to int hero) to make triggers simpler.

make it cost lumber / crystal (maybe 3 or more)

Quests

- separate the main quests into different sub-quests and give description on what to do with it.
    - IMO knowing the boss's name from the questlog kinda ruins the surprise when u meet him. Make it as you explore the dungeons I think would be better.
    - make questgiver for each quest (and rewards too)
    - Zerash NPC, what the hell does he do?!?

Lives

The trigger traps u put around the map are FRIGGIN LETHAL. Which is GOOD. as traps should be. LMAO seein my friend died twice from the same trap. make a text warning/hint maybe? LOL
    Add command to transfer lives to other players

if player 1 types -givelife 3 (provided that he has at least 2 lives left) would give player 3 1 life. if player 1 types -givelife 1, would display text "Seriously? dude get a life" LOL
    ~OR~
    Sell lives at NPC

This might be gamebreaking, but it might help new players adapt a little, but if you do this i think you should reduce given the life at start of game.

Gold and Lumber

- make crystal purchasable at tinker / antonidas(campaign) NPC (or other NPC) at high gold cost (might be gamebreaking I dunno
    - when the game starts, state EXPLICITLY that gold is SHARED. i had so many new players thinking the final hit gets the gold. so they just run around not doing DPS. on HELL MODE.
    - is lumber shared? i failed to notice. if it is please also state it EXPLICITLY at the start. I died like 3 times cuz the healer was busy running to ninja the crystal and forgot to heal. on EASY MODE.

Ressurection Stone & Teleporter

this is the start area of a map i made ages ago (forgot where i put the original, this one's protected so i can't edit it anymore. DAMN!!)
    [​IMG]
    - the altars are where u select your hero's
    - the power generator sells crystals
    - the circles are owned by individual players, so they can hotkey (ctrl+number) it and select it quickly for emergency recall (just like your resurrection stone)
    - the exit from this area is to the "tagged" Teleporter area.
    - the 4 NPC's at the bottom displays the possible item combinations and scrolls (just display, the one who actually sells them is elsewhere, some hidden ^_^)

If you can, maybe make a starting/meeting area like this one, remove all resurrection stones (the big tower in the middle is the resu stone for my map), make teleporter triggers to this area.

this way you might save memory (from deleting units from map), and force player to FIGHT the mob instead of doing the pull-mobs-near-resu-stone trick, which IMO is kinda cheating (or smart? LOL)

Items

- Can you make a trigger so the store will never select backpack? or automatically selects the hero?
    - IMO I think the recipe list should be sorted according to ROLE (instead of recipe 1-4). I think the list should be:
    recipe 1: Orb / lifesteal effect items
    recipe 2: items that grant Armor (mainly for STR)
    recipe 3: items that grant Attack Speed (mainly for Agi)
    recipe 4: items that grant MP Regen (mainly for INT)
    - i found 3 items with a text "RELIC" on it. is it used for quest or something?
    - Items i found i don't know how to use:
    Nerubian Egg, Tetris, Corrupted Essence (near corrupt resu stone), Heart of Wyrmrest (no idea how to even get this).
    - the quest reward from lvl 6 dungeon is too OP (rekst skull? forgot the name)
    - IMO all the loot drops from mobs should be materials for the recipe list, except from bosses / quest rewards
    - can you make a recipe for potions? like health + mana = rejuv?

Cameras

central ruined gate

[​IMG]
    when you trigger open this gate, the distance is too far. I can see all the way behind the gate.
    either:
    - pan it down and reduce the view distance or
    - Snap the camera to the gate, and slowly pan it back to normal so the players would know where the opened gate is.

final goblin area

the floating text just covers half my screen, i think u should pan the camera down a little and reduce the view distance. i can see the "dungeon: The waterworks" floating text all the way here cuz the camera distance is too far

12. EVLSRG

EVLSRG

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want the resurrection stone to become a unit of any of the 3 players so that they/I can set the hotkey (ctrl+#) for an easier emergency recall..

and can you please make a thread that shows all the answers to the puzzles etc, so that we can know the answers..

just put a warning and spoiler so that it wouldn't ruin the fun for the others that want to finish the map using their own skill... :3

13. FLo0pZ

FLo0pZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    easy mode solo-able

Finally i solo'ed easy mode using DK.
    Playtime 6:44:52 without cheats (as i remember i didn't use any. 6 hours is a long time)
    Secrets 22/23
    got Legend bow, staff, hammer (the hints said there were 4 legendary, no idea where)
    Finished all the quests
    got queen staff (do not destroy/sell queen's tiara!!)

a few things remain i have no idea what to do with
    - Tetris
    - Nerubian Egg
    - Old Compass
    - Corrupted Essence
    - a room no idea how to open it says needs a key thats not hard?, i think it's connected to the locked door north of it. inside there's a spiritwalker that gives quest (probably the last secret i'm 22/23 :(

if u want a save replay i'll upload it

14. switchwitch

switchwitch

Resources:
    Resources:
    This BBS is still not that hot, y do people not come and chat here?

15. fr14nd1

fr14nd1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some sugestion:
    1.Add another beginning cinematic on how the players landed.
    2.Keep the Ice Lancer. Don't remove my favourite hero ever.
    3.Add another random shop that contains something. I know u removed the Abandoned Hut, but I need the old compass. Please :)
    4.Please change the description for Legendary item, there are four items now.
    These are my sugestion for now.

16. tylo19

tylo19

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remove the cinematic when taking the quest from the Troll at the Pit Lord quest.

17. tylo19

tylo19

Resources:
    Resources:
    And a -repick command just for the first 3 minutes.

18. muzzel

muzzel

Resources:
    JASS:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    agree

19. fr14nd1

fr14nd1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agree,

Agree, too.

20. LordOfThePings

LordOfThePings

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    While you're at the above suggestions, can you replace Multi Shot with something like Bestial Wrath? I feel like it would give the Hunter more interaction with her pet, make the pet able to scale with attributes (and thus gear) and feel more intuitive.
    Multi Shot is only really effective at close range, moving in and out is ineffective, staying in melee is way too risky in most cases, imho.
    A temporary buff to the pet would easily be able to scale, give more controllable burst, be useful defensively etc.. Besides it helps emphasize the "pet class" character of a Hunter.

Would be really nice if you could implement this (maybe it can work similar to the "smart command"). If not, it's fine the way it is.