• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions on this Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Mount Mayon

I just want Suggestions on this Terrain of mine,
Not too harsh please :).

YyHz5Fq.jpg

Not too harsh please :).
OK
-------------------------------------------
First of all that fog clashes with that sky of yours. I like the volcano idea, but not all are that symmetrical as you made it. I'd say that a lil' bit of height variation (just a lil') for those dark trees would be good, also I see just small bits of shrubs concentrated in small areas, maybe do something about that?!?
You could make some ruins around(my opinion), 'cause it's quite empty right now, even a path "moosing" around:p
-------------------------------------------
Best of all, good start Edge.

Level 23
OoOoOoOhhhh.... I LOVE how you made Mayon there. The smoke doesn't look good though, you could try another kind of smoke or make it a little bit thicker. The looks like smoke coming out of a chimney at the moment.

You could improve the way you've made the tower. The colors don't match and they look like a mix of a lot of different rocks. I suggest you use Ogre_'s rock models found in Refuge in Ruins so that the tower would compose of similar rock materials. :)

Suggestion: DON'T restrict your terrain with the picture. Focus on replicating the volcano and the structure (tower or whatever) and then just make your own depiction of the plains and the forest. That'll make it a lot more better IMHO.

Level 25
The trees blend a bit too much into each other, try mixing their colours and height variation.
The black small bushes, can you change their colour perhaps? They look a bit off.
And add more to the volcano. Currently it looks like a hill with smoke. :)

Keep it up!

Level 14
I like this. I like the volcano a lot, it seems rare to see more realistic volcanoes in terrains. Usually I feel like they are always actively spewing lava. I also like that you based it on a real mountain.

I would suggest revamping the tower a little bit. There are some really great models you could use to piece it together in Ogre's Refuge in Ruins

Specifically some of the arched doorway models would work particularly good. They would probably match the real tower a little better. This is only a suggestion though.

Overall, nice job keep it up.

Okay , so theres alot of thing you need to improve.

First of all , its too flat , obviously , you should do some raises , dont base your terrain in the actual image. Make some Small mountains behind that volcano and etc.
Second , the tint color of the Moria Doodads did'nt match in the environment color. Make it a lil green-skyblue color [I mean , reduce the red color]
Third , why the hell did you placed those grasses/ferns in the top of the building D: Replace it with some vines either from utm nor toby's maps [your choice , highly recommend toby's models , they are all high quality]
Fourth , the rocks , its too blurry , maybe because your camera is too near to the rocks , try scaling that rock a bit smaller. Also , raise the camera , its too low for me , add some rolls.
Fifth , the sky , i dont know , maybe you just placed 1 ubercloud? How about making/placing another ubercloud with lower tinting color [Same color , white , just reduce the color/visibility abit]
Sixth , the tiles , obviously , its also blurry for me, i guess its from fingolfin's pack. I suggest toby's tiles , nano's tiles and b2m's tiles , they are all high quality compare to those tiles you've used. Those tiles are only for playable terrains.
Seventh [D: 7th?] , The trees , too spammed , spread them in your terrain instead of making a forest there.
Eight [D: 8th?] , how about adding some huts and farms
Ninth [D: 9th?] , try replacing those smokes with steams.
Tenth [0: 10th?] , details , add some details , small rocks , trashes etc.

Additional:
Lastly , [D: D:] you might want to do this things. I like these suggestions.
he could make a lil' height variation for those trees
I would suggest revamping the tower a little bit. There are some really great models you could use to piece it together in Ogre's Refuge in Ruins
The trees blend a bit too much into each other, try mixing their colours and height variation.
The black small bushes, can you change their colour perhaps? They look a bit off.

Okay , so thats all , no offense , but i think this terrains really need improvements , alot of improvements.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
Level 24
Okay , so theres alot of thing you need to improve.

First of all , its too flat , obviously , you should do some raises , dont base your terrain in the actual image. Make some Small mountains behind that volcano and etc.
Second , the tint color of the Moria Doodads did'nt match in the environment color. Make it a lil green-skyblue color [I mean , reduce the red color]
Third , why the hell did you placed those grasses/ferns in the top of the building D: Replace it with some vines either from utm nor toby's maps [your choice , highly recommend toby's models , they are all high quality]
Fourth , the rocks , its too blurry , maybe because your camera is too near to the rocks , try scaling that rock a bit smaller. Also , raise the camera , its too low for me , add some rolls.
Fifth , the sky , i dont know , maybe you just placed 1 ubercloud? How about making/placing another ubercloud with lower tinting color [Same color , white , just reduce the color/visibility abit]
Sixth , the tiles , obviously , its also blurry for me, i guess its from fingolfin's pack. I suggest toby's tiles , nano's tiles and b2m's tiles , they are all high quality compare to those tiles you've used. Those tiles are only for playable terrains.
Seventh [D: 7th?] , The trees , too spammed , spread them in your terrain instead of making a forest there.
Eight [D: 8th?] , how about adding some huts and farms
Ninth [D: 9th?] , try replacing those smokes with steams.
Tenth [0: 10th?] , details , add some details , small rocks , trashes etc.

Additional:
Lastly , [D: D:] you might want to do this things. I like these suggestions.

Okay , so thats all , no offense , but i think this terrains really need improvements , alot of improvements.

Good Luck :)

Dude, I'm trying,
Can you give me a link to the models your talking about, like that Tiles, Vines, steams. Since you keep saying "Alot of Improvements"

And the first suggestion you said, I don't like putting a mountain behind the volcano, its too complicated, never mind......

Can you give me a link to the models your talking about, like that Tiles, Vines, steams. Since you keep saying "Alot of Improvements"
I think you're just lazy to find them :p

Here [Look at the attachment below], Everything you need is in the archive including vines , steams and tiles. Took me long time to search and extract these things just for your terrain. :p

Dude, I'm trying,
Yes , i know you are , and i would like you to do the suggestions posted for your terrain.

And the first suggestion you said, I don't like putting a mountain behind the volcano, its too complicated, never mind......
How bout adding some small raises.

Attachments

• Resources You Need.rar
    38.8 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Level 24
I appreciate what you did but,........
(Sometimes i'm lazy though)

There was some damn Error

70wIpeA.jpg

I can't open the map, I don't know why
It could be from an imported file, not the one you uploaded "Resources You Need,
so this means I can't finish nor update the terrain
What the heck!!!!! x_x......(ghhrrr..)

This was only the last WIP i screenshotted (The next day I uploaded the first WIP)

Fq1nmN6.jpg

The map likely got corrupted. It usually happens if your computer crashed while your map was saving, or perhaps if you were using an MPQ editor with another process on it.

You can open the map in an MPQ editor to see if you can recover anything, but it is likely that your map lost its data and can't be recovered. :( Check jassnewgenpack\backups folder if you have JNGP to see if there is a backup of your map. You can also check the Warcraft III\Maps\Test folder in case you tested the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.