• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions for video conferencing software please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello guys! I need recommendations of a good video conferencing software for our online meetings. Some of our staff/coworkers are working from their home. We are currently using Skype, But lately our boss told us that we need an upgrade. What can you suggest? Thanks!

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
It's always better to make thread titles include the subject they're about. Vague titles have a way of attracting the wrong crowd. Changed that for you.

Skype is pretty much still the behemoth of VoIP software, but there are others you colud check out I guess. e.g. Zoom has been popular recently. I've also seen people use Adobe Connect and Citrix GoToMeeting.

Can't exactly personally recommend either because I haven't personally worked with them, but that's where the rage seems to be at these days.

Level 2
I also rely on Skype when it comes to video conferencing or any collaboration online. Otherwise, if you need something else then I suggest that you choose among the reputable ones that I found from my brother's lists. These includes some of the best tools and features compared to other video conferencing services. Besides Skype, The names included are Avaya, GotoMeeting, Brother-OmniJoin, LoopUp and so many others. I hope that will help you.

Level 3
It's always better to make thread titles include the subject they're about. Vague titles have a way of attracting the wrong crowd. Changed that for you.

Skype is pretty much still the behemoth of VoIP software, but there are others you colud check out I guess. e.g. Zoom has been popular recently. I've also seen people use Adobe Connect and Citrix GoToMeeting.

Can't exactly personally recommend either because I haven't personally worked with them, but that's where the rage seems to be at these days.

Duly noted on the title and thanks for editing! Thank you too for your suggestions. I checked them out.

I also rely on Skype when it comes to video conferencing or any collaboration online. Otherwise, if you need something else then I suggest that you choose among the reputable ones that I found from my brother's lists. These includes some of the best tools and features compared to other video conferencing services. Besides Skype, The names included are Avaya, GotoMeeting, Brother-OmniJoin, LoopUp and so many others. I hope that will help you.

I've used join the meeting of omnijoin - is it very different from gotomeeting? It seems like gotomeeting is the most popular based on my searches. Have you used gotomeeting in the past?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.