• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm not sure if the hive have the money to renovate the site but I would like to suggest something:

- The Hiveworkshop could improve the message system instead of sending emails to us, it could set up a message centre in everyone's account and it'll have all the new messages from our subscribed posts.

- The Hiveworkshop should fix the chatroom to be more user-friendly to all kinds of browsers. Then, the Hive should allow the creation of multiple chatrooms by people if they want to. Of course, they have to follow a set of rules.

- To encourage more people donating to the hive, we could set up subscriptions or something similar. Like General Frank's page: subscribers are entitled to editing their own homepages into nice skins they want to. They will also be able to put their own shoutboard or polls inside their pages.

I don't expect these things to happen because I know that it needs quite a sum of money. ><

Do discuss about it though, here!

Last edited:
Level 27
The Hiveworkshop could improve the message system instead of sending emails to us, it could set up a message centre in everyone's account and it'll have all the new messages from our subscribed posts.
This is already available here.
The Hiveworkshop should fix the chatroom to be more user-friendly to all kinds of browsers. Then, the Hive should allow the creation of multiple chatrooms by people if they want to. Of course, they have to follow a set of rules.
This is already in the works.
To encourage more people donating to the hive,
I don't know if this is of much concern currently.

I'm not a fan of the idea of restricting services to the people paying though. In my opinion it only hurts the usability of the site. You require money for something and somebody else can offer it for free. Which site is someone more likely to go to?

Level 8
Ah, Hakeem, yes you're right, I would prefer going to a website which its services are free.

Because I'm not too sure how much funds does the hive have so i suggested the "To encourage more people donating to the hive" so the hive can renovate its site.

And for the quote: "The Hiveworkshop could improve the message system instead of sending emails to us, it could set up a message centre in everyone's account and it'll have all the new messages from our subscribed posts."

I would have it preferred those like on DeviantArt. Sorry, I didn't notice it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.