• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion regarding Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Lately i played a quiet old RPG map which had an inventory system i liked.

So this map has the 6 usual numpad slots with the difference that 4 are free and the other two are used as *page turners* (dunno if the word *turner* exists as i mean it... :D ) but each one of them takes you to different books/places (whatver you want to call it).
The one page turner takes you to your equipments where you have your helmet, shield, armor, boots, weapon, rings etc.
The other page turner serves as an inventory where goes everything you pick up, equipment (before you click to equip), consumables, etc etc.
This map has in total of 12 slots for gear (weapon, helmet etc etc) and 12 slots for every other item that you might need to pick up. It is simple, works perfectly and offers plenty of room.
So to conclude my suggestion, couldnt Gaias use a similar system to offer more equipment choices? Like boots (always wanted boots :D ), secondary jewel or whatever. AND YES! i know that adding more equipment messes up the balance and thats more work for Zwieb but maybe its worth it?..

And before you mock me Zwieb (once again), keep it mind that this is only a suggestion. Decisions are always yours (obviously).

Ira

Ira

Level 4
i think this would result in a problem with how items are applying stats to the player in gaias. with the system that is used you will loose the boni from your items when you turn the page. so for this system to work your equipment would need to be memorized in a diffrent space and still apply to the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.