• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Stupid Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I cant find an action like 'Finish upgrade' for player or sumthing. I found an action to order a building to research something, but it must be instantly ready. There were also functions to speed up constructions and building upgrades, but no normal upgrades for units or sumthing

Level 9
I can remember seeing a trigger that was something like {player - set research progress to (100%)), where one can change the percentage.
But then i am using WEU, maybe it's an extra included in that editor.

Check it out though. :)

Edit: I checked the editor, and those were only available for Unit - upgrade, and unit - construct. Not for research. Maybe something like this helps though
Code:
Temptrigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins research
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of (Researched tech-type) to ((Current research level of (Researched tech-type) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 1) for Player 1 (Red)

If it doesn't, you can always try setting the upgrade in variables, and when a unit starts the upgrade, if the upgrade is equal to the type you want, set the variable +1, and make the upgrade for that player equal to the variable.

Goodluck!

(P.s. there's no such thing as stupid questions :D ) ((or at least... hardly any things))

Level 22
I can remember seeing a trigger that was something like {player - set research progress to (100%)), where one can change the percentage.
But then i am using WEU, maybe it's an extra included in that editor.

Im using WEU to, but: 'those were only available for Unit - upgrade, and unit - construct. Not for research' 8)

Code:
Code:
Temptrigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins research
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of (Researched tech-type) to ((Current research level of (Researched tech-type) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 1) for Player 1 (Red)

Thnx

(P.s. there's no such thing as stupid questions icon_biggrin.gif )

Except the famous 'how to get lvl 10+ heroes' question

Status
Not open for further replies.