• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stupid Creep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am creating a map that I'm calling "Hero Dash".
However, I have got a "boss" creep (lvl 20 Hogger:grin:)aAt the end of the map.
But, he just won't use the Warstomp ability I gave him.
I have been playing with triggers so he can learn all four spells he is supposed to have, and everything works.
But he refuses to Warstomp. :sad:

How can I fix this? :confused:
I would really appreciate help, 'cause I have put alot of work to this map.

Please, reply to this post with an answer! I'm getting desperate! :cry:

Sorry, but this isn't the right place to post this question. Post it over at World Editor Help Zone.
What base creep did you use? If he had Warstomp as a base ability when you created him, I think Blizzard's default creep AI would make him use it. If you base it on a creep with a different model, just change it. But by using a creep WITH Warstomp, I don't think those three other skills will be used. So it's kind of better for him not to have Warstomp.
Note: I'm not sure about this, but my final answer is just remove Warstomp.

Level 3
I'm pretty sure Warstomp functions after an AI command, that only uses it if there are more than x enemies in his vicinity when being attacked and so on, to make him as efficient as possible, not 100% sure though. If you know your way around AI, you could dive into this and fix it (if it is your problem), but it might be a little harsh if you don't have the skills (in that case, we are two now). Myself, I have always used a trigger to force a boss into using his ability.

Here is how I make my unit use his spell (used a Mountain King and Storm Bolt as an example, you could adapt it). The Or Condition is used to allow several units/heroes to be affected by the trigger at once.

• Force Storm Bolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Mountain King
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Attacked unit)
      • Wait Cooldown_Of_Spell seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
I hope this helps, in case it was your problem. If not, well... I hope you learned something new :)

Status
Not open for further replies.