• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Stun and slow and reencarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone, I would like to know if someone can help me, I'm looking for a spell that stuns and slows down and at the same time causes damage per second and the spell could be an objective point, I really do not know how to do it since ahun I'm new to Spell Especially with GUI, or someone could help me to make the detonator and one last question, how can I do reincarnation of leoric or skeleton king of dota 2 Thank you.

Level 11
stuns and slows down and at the same time causes damage per second
It doesn't make any sence. If enemy is stunned, why it needs to be slowed?
causes damage per second
It's simply to do by periodic event and buff checking.
could be an objective point
Silence ability is objective point spell and it has slowing parameters in object editor.
how can I do reincarnation of leoric or skeleton king of dota 2 Thank you.
Look at hero minotaur ultimate, but add mana cost.

Last edited:
Level 2
I think that my bad English management did not let me understand and it is also that I did not explain things better now

Wraithfire Blast
Wraith King sears an enemy unit with spectral fire, dealing damage and stunning, then dealing damage over time and slowing the target.

ABILITY: UNIT TARGET
AFFECTS: ENEMY UNITS
DAMAGE TYPE: MAGICAL
PIERCES SPELL IMMUNITY: NO
DAMAGE: 50 / 100 / 150 / 200
STUN DURATION: 2
SLOW DURATION: 2
MOVEMENT SLOW: 20%
DAMAGE PER SECOND: 20 / 35 / 50 / 65

mana.png
MANA COST: 140
cooldown.png
COOLDOWN: 8

Reincarnation
Wraith King's form regroups after death, allowing him to resurrect when killed in battle. Upon death, enemy units in a 900 radius will be slowed. Upgradable by Aghanim's Scepter.

mana.png
MANA COST: 160
cooldown.png
COOLDOWN: 260/160/60

ABILITY: PASSIVE
AFFECTS: ALLIED HEROES
REINCARNATION TIME: 3 / 3 / 3
MOVEMENT SLOW: 75%
ATTACK SPEED SLOW: 75
SLOW DURATION: 5
SCEPTER ALLY DEATH DELAY: 7
SCEPTER DEATH DELAY RADIUS: 1200

Level 12
I think these abilities are both a lot harder than you might expect.

A homing projectile with custom effects on hit either has to be hacked together using a damage detection system or built with a projectile system. The best solution here would be to just use a targeted spell like chain lightning, remove all damage and animations, then use a dummy to case storm bolt and slow on the target and use a trigger to do the damage over time (pretty complex for a first spell, I think).

The reincarnation one is also difficult because you cannot normally detect when a unit resurrects from it. They don't fire any normal events like "a unit dies". I think the way you have to do it is give the unit a disabled defend ability and then it will fire a "stop defending" when it dies, but I've never done it before.

Level 11
Wraithfire Blast
Wraith King sears an enemy unit with spectral fire, dealing damage and stunning, then dealing damage over time and slowing the target.

ABILITY: UNIT TARGET
AFFECTS: ENEMY UNITS
DAMAGE TYPE: MAGICAL
DAMAGE: 50 / 100 / 150 / 200
STUN DURATION: 2
SLOW DURATION: 2
MOVEMENT SLOW: 20%
DAMAGE PER SECOND: 20 / 35 / 50 / 65

mana.png
MANA COST: 140
cooldown.png
COOLDOWN: 8
I'll upload an example later, but you should read more about HASH tables to understand it.

The second spell (Reincarnation) is easy, but I need to understand how to detect hero under reincarnation effect (while it laying on the ground waiting for the resurrection)

Level 3
I'll upload an example later, but you should read more about HASH tables to understand it.

The second spell (Reincarnation) is easy, but I need to understand how to detect hero under reincarnation effect (while it laying on the ground waiting for the resurrection)

Detect when the ability triggers and use timers?

Level 25
Create a dummy spell, based upon channel or chain lighting, set damage to 0.
then create 2 dummies, one casting storm bolt and the other casting shadow bolt.
Remove missile art for the shadow bolt.
Set missile speed to same for both abilities.

Voilá, a simple triggered spell.

Level 12
Create a dummy spell, based upon channel or chain lighting, set damage to 0.
then create 2 dummies, one casting storm bolt and the other casting shadow bolt.
Remove missile art for the shadow bolt.
Set missile speed to same for both abilities.

Voilá, a simple triggered spell.
Do you mean shadow strike?

This is a solid solution. The only drawback is that it will have the green numbers for the damage over time and I don't think you can change that.

Level 37
The reincarnation one is also difficult because you cannot normally detect when a unit resurrects from it.
GUI Unit Event (;

To detect when a unit starts reincarnating (the instant it dies) use the event: "Game - DeathEvent becomes Equal to 0.50"

Use the event "Game - DeathEvent becomes Equal to 2.00" to detect when a unit finishes reincarnating, when it's reanimated or resurrected. You can determine between the three of these as well. If it is summoned, that means it was reanimated. If IsUnitReincarnating[UDex] is true, that means it finished reincarnating. Otherwise, it was simply resurrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.