• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Struggling with another ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I can not for the life of me figure out why this is happening.

I made a custom spell called Shadowgrip, similar to frost aura or slow aura from Tornados. I even used the slow aura from Tornados as the basis for the spell. Yet when I include it in a character, it titles the spell Endurance Aura and gives the Endurance Aura tooltip.

pP4dS.png

In-game screenshot of what the skill looks like.

lxHuZ.png

Skills list for the hero in question - no Endurance Aura.

pWeec.png

Breakdown of the Shadowgrip spell, part 1.

DSKOl.png

Second half of Shadowgrip spell breakdown.

I don't see Endurance Aura listed anywhere in the spells on the hero, or in the custom spell, yet it appears as Endurance Aura in-game. Any thoughts, comments, helpful advice, etc?

Level 20
I think that Abilities marked as "Item Ability = True" doesn't allow to manipulate the skill tooltip and stuff... anyway

Text - Name' Field is just for the Object Editor, not the Ingame Tooltip`.

1- Be sure to be adding the correct skill
2- Make it an Unit Ability (Disable Hero and Item ability) and you'll se the fields to edit tooltips.

I'm not sure if you can turn it later to Item ability again and retain the same tooltips... you can try.

Level 2
I think that Abilities marked as "Item Ability = True" doesn't allow to manipulate the skill tooltip and stuff... anyway

Text - Name' Field is just for the Object Editor, not the Ingame Tooltip`.

1- Be sure to be adding the correct skill
2- Make it an Unit Ability (Disable Hero and Item ability) and you'll se the fields to edit tooltips.

I'm not sure if you can turn it later to Item ability again and retain the same tooltips... you can try.

Tried this, and curiously, the spell disappeared from the character's ability section, though still constituted as an active status on the enemies being affected. Works fine for my purpose; though not quite what I was trying to accomplish.

Level 20
Ah? "Character's Ability Section"? You mean the Command Panel? where you give orders to your units?... It's impossible...

Slow aura based unit abilities are hidden on the unit's UI... you won't see it...

for example in this pic of my new cooldown system for my proj, I use a slow-aura based ability to put a custom buff on the unit:

158769-albums3005-picture52321.jpg

You see the buff that the ability has, while the ability itself is not shown on your command UI...

Level 2
@ Spartipilo - yes, the Command Panel, couldn't think of the name of it.

@ Adiktuz - Precisely what it does, I guess I'd never realized that, thanks for the new information.
However, why was it saying Endurance Aura with Endurance Aura's tooltip, if I used Tornado's Slow Aura as the base?

Status
Not open for further replies.