• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

String Comparison Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey there. My name is CosmicClash and I am requesting some help on the "String Comparison" I have been working on my map lately and I was trying to put in my name as being recognised upon map initialization... Here is what I have, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work. Can anybody help me?
ccmapof2.png

Level 21
The event is map initialisation, which means the trigger is fired when loading the map.
The conditions are "name of triggering player is blabla".
There's no triggering player at all because the event is not fired by a player. "Triggering player" is a response to an event such as "player - a player skips a cinematic" or something.

To fix this, you should make a loop that loops through all players, like this:

• Events
    • Game - elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
  • Actions
    • For integer A from 1 to 12 do:
      • Loop - actions
        • If name of (player[integer A]) is CosmicClash
        • then - do your actions
        • else - do nothing (this action is not necessary, in fact)
In the future, if you need help with World Edit or modding, please post your questions at our World Editor Help Zone instead of the Request forum. This forum is meant for resources such as models...

I see this is your first post, CosmicClash.
Welcome to the Hive!
Feel free to introduce yourself at our introduction forum.

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
Quoted from Wolverabid.

Level 1
Edit:It seems that didn't change anything... But this is what I did. (I repeated for each color) Sorry for posting in the wrong category.
ccmap2pn2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 1
I see... But that's not the problem. It's not doing what I want it to do, I want it to say something when I am in the game... But It isn't doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.