• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strange Problem with Chat Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I cant connect to THW Chat room from Internet Cafe's
It would be very good if you can make it work
(Nevermind if you have a reason to make it not work)

Level 19
"What internet cafe are you visiting from?"
Normal one...
I dont know may be its because of some fishy IP thingies
Or there maybe a program that blocks the chat content here

It opens chat, shows no members and says "Timeout, Retrying connection"

Level 19
Only I connect to chat/hive here...
But there are many PC's (running) connected to internet here
Whatever not something too important for me.

I just wanted to report

Level 15
All internet cafes share a same IP address. You can't visit Hive from a Cafe that has more than 5 PC's
Only if at least 5 other people at the same internet cafe are on Hive at the same time. (Or more than 5 connections are open to the Hive from the same internet cafe.)

This specific problem might also be caused by a software firewall or other security software use on the internet cafe computers.

Level 19
This specific problem might also be caused by a software firewall or other security software use on the internet cafe computers.

tought so... but I checked for them and windows firewall (anyway maybe a hidden protect0rz0r)

Level 15
hmm

Ralle i think i know the problome but ide need to know how your socket works to truly be able to understand/provide a fix or help you make a fix for it

My testing inicates that anying inside of a DMZ has a coinfilp chance of not being able to lach into the chatroom (the you->(network?)->isp->socket->lobbie<-chat message<-filters<-outher ssls and scrpits conniction) if that happens they eather cant connect or have lost connection errors

Status
Not open for further replies.