• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Straight to Main Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello people,,

I got a big problem.
NOTE: I use JNGP and vJass in my map.

I have had alot of work on my map, and now it wont work anymore.
The JASSHELPER and PJASS programs do fine and compile the code perfectly, without any code errors.
But whenever i try to test the map, it goes straight to the main menu (sometimes with lagg in between).
I have tried to find any flaws in my code and such, but none worked.

Please do NOT think I am a total moron, because I actually DO save my map before i test it.

Could anyone tell me what could cause it?
I rather do not attach the map, since it is totally private for now.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

-Yixx,,-

Level 18
That's what he already mentioned. Anyway, by testing the map, I assume testing straight from the WE. Instead, I suggest you save the map at your Maps folder in the Warcraft III directory (default C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Maps) and make a shortcut to wherever you usually open your map from. Then when you want to test your map, you save it, close the WE entirely, start up Warcraft III and start your map as a custom game.

It's a little bit more work and annoying if you want to test your map a lot. The other way is to use the normal WE if you don't need JNGPs functions. Then you can just test the map from the WE like normally.

Level 16
Well, unfortunately that did not work either,,
I have tried it manually via WC3, and via normal WE, both did not work,,

I have made a backup of the map, and removed all the triggers,,
It still goes to the main menu =S,,
So, it is not a script error. What else could cause it? I have recently done NO imports, not even small ones, and almost no object Data changes.

What could do it? Camera setups, Regions (rects)? Destructables, Doodads? Object Data? Anything else?
Please help i really need this up again =\..

EDIT: Something with the patch? I didnt try the map again after i updated to 1.24. And in Normal WE it gave me stange code errors (when there still was some code)
"Unregistered native function"
like 500 times, on various things, like set u = CreateUnit(...) (Which was actually in the BLIZZARD code, which creates pre-placed units)
But also on comments =S

Could it be the patch?

Level 16
EDIT: Something with the patch? I didnt try the map again after i updated to 1.24. And in Normal WE it gave me stange code errors (when there still was some code)
"Unregistered native function"
like 500 times, on various things, like set u = CreateUnit(...) (Which was actually in the BLIZZARD code, which creates pre-placed units)
But also on comments =S

Could it be the patch?

Could anyone tell me if this has anything to do with it?

Also, the map is in folder 'Maps' ,,

Level 16
sorry to be rude, but RTFP! READ THE PHUKKIN' POST!
I have made a backup of the map, and removed all the triggers,,
It still goes to the main menu =S,,
So, it is not a script error.

Now try again,,

So far: No progress, but still thanks for helping!

But seriously, could it be the patch? =S
Maybe a combination? Patch + Object Data? Or Patch + something else?

Level 16
Did not work, thanks for suggesting. I already had to turn off RtC because of some other problem,,
But luckily it is not the problem actually, because we got a new map, with new terrain, and we gonna export all trigger/object/import data,, but that is a long way from now,, (That map is gonna be 480x480, that is what we need UMSWE for)

Level 16
Didnt work too,, it gives me an error everytime i try to enable/disable any UMSWE option,,
But that is not to be discused here. Any other suggestions?

And still no answer: Could it be the patch? I currently run on 1.24!

Level 11
Had same problem couple of times. When you corrupt map that happens...
There must be some kind of data that does that. Map cant be loaded coz map version or something similar doesnt validate.

Try to load any other normal map ? You probbly tried that tho.

Eliminate data one by one.
Clear all object editor data. then test
Clear all triggers. then test
Cleat all interface and etc. etc.

Few things on my mind... could be in interface, triggers. After that imports=> objects. Or some init triggers.

Level 16
Ok i found it.
I opened the map in which i already deleted all the triggers. I saved it, tested, no result,,
I started to eliminate the most common object editor data (the most recent ones),,
When i started i figured out that it might be due to negative values in object editor?
So i checked it out, i had 1 tome ability with -1 HP, i deleted the ability and the tome, and it worked again,,
I dont know wether it was the tome or the ability (i guess the ability), but it works again,,
Though i have to find a new way to put HP down =\,,

Thank you all for discussing this problem with me and trying to help! +rep to all of you guys,

I do not think this is the right thread to discuss this,, but if anyone knows any other way to do HP down with 1 permanently, i would like to know,, I ask it here since it is useless to create a new thread for this and then see you guys reply on it,,

If you guys have no idea, i will just figure something out,, Thanks! =)

EDIT: On the map with script, the ability wasnt deleted yet, and i just tried, and WITH the ability, it worked again =S
It seems to me that the BETA patch made it malfunction. Because yesterday evening I checked Westfall again, and there was a new download (it downloaded a new one, that is what i mean), and now it works again =S,,

Status
Not open for further replies.