• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Return to main menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
(Wow it's good to be back on the hive/wc3 :infl_thumbs_up: )
Anyways, im making a map that will contain heroes made by people in the models section here at the hive. One of the heroes is very fast paced and requires some serious macro skills to use well. I was wondering if it is possible to, when you inside a spell book, to return to the main 'menu/window' containt attack, move, patrol and such via a hotkey.

I tried this already: Made an ability, detected when it was casted, upon casting it cleared the owner of the casting unit's selection then reselected the casting unit. (When this is done manual ingame it returns the unit to the main window). Any ideas suggestions or especialy a clear cut answer are welcome ^^.

EDIT: I was also tryin some things for the force UI action but no to avail. But there is a large chance i was simply doing something wrong so, if this idea needs expanding on feel free.

Last edited:
Level 10
That wouldn't help me in the least and i am aware of that event. I need to be able to, when a player hits a letter key (the hotkey of an ability), have it return from inside a spell book to the main pallette/window thing.

Level 10
When your in a spell book the Esc key already exits you out, but theres a problem:

The hero will have 3 spell book based abilities, each on having a hotkey (e, r, and t.) You would place your pointer on the T your middle on the R and your ring finger on the E thus for som people it would be slightly difficult to press the esc key. Plus it's a very fast paced hero meaning even a couple of seconds wasted could screw you over.

Level 10
"Could you amke a dummy unit, then make trigger it so when an ability is cast, the dummy unit is selected, then it selects the unit again?"

So im not the only one :O, i tried this and logicaly it should work (it does when you do this manualy) but not when its triggered.

Yesterday i figured it out about 10 minutes before we left for TGI Fridays (omg that was good btw). Sorry i haven't responded till now i've been busy, Heres the code.

• Esc Function
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Main Pannel [Y]
    • Actions
      • Game - Force (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to press Escape/Cancel
EDIT: Whats funny is i was looking at the action right above this and didn't see it. Just proves that if you focus on one thing to hard to find answers you miss the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.