• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

strafing units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
how would i go about making a unit move sideways, without facing in that direction without scripting?

as in, tank is facing north, but can move east and west while still facing north, it will be an uncontrollable unit so its mostly just about how it looks.

Level 8
You can only do this via triggers normally that's called knockback or slide search the tutorials(there're loads of)

And btw Labiathan: you have a edit button i saw you several times now in very few days going for doubleposting

Level 3
that easy just have 2 regions follow the sides on the tank and have when u hit <- or -> make it move into the region facing what ever degrees/angle

Level 6
i found something that doesn't actually shows what you need but its somehow like that. its working on normal units but when i tried it on tanks, it doesn't work :)
but still its some sort of the idea :xxd:

• lock body parts
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Animation - Lock Footman 0003 <gen>'s Head to face Footman 0004 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00, 90.00)
      • Animation - Lock Footman 0003 <gen>'s Chest to face Footman 0004 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00, 90.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.