• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Store Item Data ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello there i got a question ... I wanted to make a FSI (Full screen inventory) with equipable items but i didnt know when i pickup an item and remove it and it get into the FSI how do i set damage for the picked item then ? for instance i pick up "sword" and equipping it in the FSI how do i add damage to the unit after that then ?:hohum:

Level 12
Yea but tomes of attack ? its permanent so when you unequip your item you will still have it. I dont know if you know BX TRS II (by toadcop) he did it with out using any abilities for each item but their is also a cap for adding abilities to a unit self even you cant see them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can remove damage added with tomes by.... you guessed it, tomes of - damage (yes they can remove attack).
You do not make abilities for each item... You make an ability system capable of reproducing the values you want the item to have.

Earth Furry made such a system for attack, defense, and like a couple other stats in the JASS section.

Status
Not open for further replies.