• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stone Lanterns

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An item used in garden, mostly for terrain art I guess.

Stand/ Death animation for turning on/off the light.

Give me credit if you use it in your map, no modification or re-uploading anywhere else please, ty.

Tags: japanese, eastern, post, lamp, light

Changelog:
0.1: Upload
0.2: Added mossy version's texture
0.3: Added Variation 1
0.4: Added Variation 2 3
Previews
Contents

Stone Lantern (Model)

Stone Lantern (moss) Ashenvale (Model)

Stone Lantern (moss) Felwood (Model)

Stone Lantern Variation 1 (Model)

Stone Lantern Variation 1 Moss (Model)

Stone Lantern Variation 2 (Model)

Stone Lantern Variation 2 Moss (Model)

Stone Lantern Variation 3 (Model)

Stone Lantern Variation 3 Moss (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Nice idea. The fact they all are able to be 'on' and 'off' makes them quite useful. But the wrap execution doesn't allow me to approve this. Most of them need to have their wraps re-worked. There should be texture contours where there are mesh edges...
Level 21
Something seems wrong about the death animation of the moss version - it is still shining.

Useful thingy nonetheless

Level 10
Something seems wrong about the death animation of the moss version - it is still shining.

Useful thingy nonetheless

Can you tell me how you saw it that way? I tested it in-game and Magos, it still doesn't shine?

Nice and useful, but as General Frank has already said, the mossy one has a bad wrap.
Personally I'd use the ashen doodads texture (Textures\AshenStructures.blp) for that. Felwood ones will do too if you're looking for a darker-looking one.
3/5 for now.
Thanks you alot, I'll see what I can do

Nice model, but the wrap is pretty bad.
What tool did you use to create this model by the way?

I used Magos to apply material, and Mdlvis to set up particles and uv.

Last edited:
Can you tell me how you saw it that way? I tested it in-game and Magos, it still doesn't shine?

Thanks you alot, I'll see what I can do

I used Magos to apply material, and Mdlvis to set up particles and uv.

Yeah... but what tool did you use to create the mesh? Magos and Mdlvis can barely set up a model's mesh.

Level 10
Yeah... but what tool did you use to create the mesh? Magos and Mdlvis can barely set up a model's mesh.

I extracted a random model of WcIII to get some starting particles and normals, then set them up by placing on the plane or set coordinates and then created triangles, manual labor I think?

Except special shapes like sphere is an imported geoset from human spell steal, iirc

I extracted a random model of WcIII to get some starting particles and normals, then set them up by placing on the plane or set coordinates and then created triangles, manual labor I think?

Except special shapes like sphere is an imported geoset from human spell steal, iirc

Fair enough.

Nice idea. The fact they all are able to be 'on' and 'off' makes them quite useful. But the wrap execution doesn't allow me to approve this. Most of them need to have their wraps re-worked. There should be texture contours where there are mesh edges. And textures should make sense.
For now it's Substandard. If you rework it and want the bundle to be re-moderated, you may notify us (via report, or Staff Contact). And if you have any doubt, feel free to contact me.