• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stone Lake

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Stone Lake

Description

There was once a place called Stone Lake, wich was full of beasts and marauders. Three goblin merchants sell potions, scrolls and strong Ale. Expand only once to dominate these lands and make your enemy go back with empty hands.

Neutral Buildings

- 2 Taverns
- 3 Goblin Merchants
- 2 Mercenary Camps
- 2 Goblin Labs
- 2 Expanding mines

Creeps

- 4 Green
- 13 Orange
- 2 Red

Notes

- I used Terenas Stand, Tirisfall Glade LV version creeps.
Except for the red creeps.

Changelog

-1.00 upload
Previews
Contents

Stone Lake (Map)

Reviews
mafe
This map looks very different from your other maps...? It looks good still, nice combination of tilesets. Personally, I'm not a fan of trees growing oout of brown earth, I'd -The three shops are a nice idea, even though in the end I'm not sure if it...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
This map looks very different from your other maps...? It looks good still, nice combination of tilesets. Personally, I'm not a fan of trees growing oout of brown earth, I'd

-The three shops are a nice idea, even though in the end I'm not sure if it will have great effects on gameplay.
-The expansion creeps don't deal that much damage, but seem to be rather tanky, and will give good chances for someone going for a creepjack. I guess players will have to find out how to manipulate creep AI so that the highpriest does not cast inner fire on the lvl 5 ogre.
-There are not many creepcamps in the center of the map for players to compete for.
-Creeps and items are good, not that I expected anything else.

So overall, a good and solid map. Map approved.

Level 29
1-This map looks very different from your other maps...? It looks good still, nice combination of tilesets. Personally, I'm not a fan of trees growing oout of brown earth, I'd

2-The three shops are a nice idea, even though in the end I'm not sure if it will have great effects on gameplay.
3-The expansion creeps don't deal that much damage, but seem to be rather tanky, and will give good chances for someone going for a creepjack. I guess players will have to find out how to manipulate creep AI so that the highpriest does not cast inner fire on the lvl 5 ogre.
4-There are not many creepcamps in the center of the map for players to compete for.
5-Creeps and items are good, not that I expected anything else.

6-So overall, a good and solid map. Map approved.

1- it terms of design it has the same structure of Drakkari Domination. Islands and a lot of water, and some rare tile-mix in water.

Ashenvale trees have nice quality, lordaeron trees arent that nice. Green trees, brown land it gives better map reading. Green trees and green land is to much green.

2- if is doesnt have great effect in game-play, better, I wanted to be conservative. Shop in the midle is already crayzy enough.
3) Mine is near base and very far away from enemy. Creep level should be more harder than usual. L16-17 instead of 13-15.
4-I think the shop is a very solid reason to compite, even after creeping is a good place to go, the others shops are very very far away.
5- creeps are copy paste from pre-existant ladder maps, nothing to be praised, I didnt want to innovate creeps.
6-thanks.