• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Steam winter sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what's everyone getting/got?

Picked up orcs must die yesterday, had lots of fun with it so bought two more copies for my friends. Definitely worth £3, and I picked up its DLC too which only came to £1.50 extra.

Don't really see anything today that looks interesting though.

I've also got a 50% off valve coupon that I don't need; does anyone want it?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Already bought Skyrim retail for TRD at £18, that's little under $30. I can't see how $40 is a good deal at all.

Anyway, don't know how I ended up in this thread, I hate Steam with passion.

Level 34
I resisted temptation on a few items.

Not sure how you get such cheap games shik. I rarely see anyone sell games cheaper than steam (sales), so I generally love it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

amazon.co.uk
Free shipping, no taxes - as long as you order for more than £18 you get free shipping for most wares. How much you can order for while dodging taxes depends on country, of course. As long as I stay between £18 and £20 I get free shipping and no taxes. Most games fall below £20 after a month or two.

Level 34
Amazon doesn't seem any cheaper in Canada unfortunately. Amazon has Batman Arkham City on sale for example; you save $3. Steam's sales are definitely better from what I can see.

Level 34
Because they would make far less money? What the hell are you talking about DSG? You don't make sense sometimes.

Level 11
Already bought Skyrim retail for TRD at £18, that's little under $30. I can't see how $40 is a good deal at all.

Anyway, don't know how I ended up in this thread, I hate Steam with passion.

cant say i can find those prices anywhere ne more :( not even on ebay

Then do -2 x 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = 666!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iluminati secrets?

-2 x 20 does not = 666 lol

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Because they would make far less money? What the hell are you talking about DSG? You don't make sense sometimes.
You make the assumption people actually buy at full price dated games. Most people would never buy the games if it was not for steam discounting them heavilly. This raises the question of why not just leave it discounted permantly since no one in their right minds would spontaniously pay full price for a game that is regually discounted.

I am guessing its a plan to part people with more money than they would normally spend by pressuring them with "a timed offer". This way people feel they have to buy the game before the offer ends instead of when they actually feel like trying a new game.

Level 34
You make the assumption people actually buy at full price dated games. Most people would never buy the games if it was not for steam discounting them heavilly.
I am making that assumption. You can start to prove my assumption wrong by telling me that you've never bought a game at full price.

This raises the question of why not just leave it discounted permantly since no one in their right minds would spontaniously pay full price for a game that is regually discounted.
Because they probably can't afford it. Shockingly games cost a lot of money to produce.
Also see above.

I am guessing its a plan to part people with more money than they would normally spend by pressuring them with "a timed offer". This way people feel they have to buy the game before the offer ends instead of when they actually feel like trying a new game.
That's generally why stores have sales, yes.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am making that assumption. You can start to prove my assumption wrong by telling me that you've never bought a game at full price.
I have never brought a dated game at full price. I only buy new games at the "full" price (although even that might be subject to initial offer discounts). WarCraft III might have been worth 30-40£ when it came out, but I would certainly not pay that much for it now.

Level 34
No one buys dated games at full price (unless the game is made by Blizzard). They lower the price after sales slow down. This is kind of irrelevant though.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I buy (dated) Final Fantasy at full price. Mainly because the price never goes down on Final Fantasy games, it goes up. Though I usually buy them on release, so the dated doesn't really apply. I would buy a Final Fantasy game at full price regardless of its age.

Oh, and as for Skyrim; yeah, the price doubled after 24th. I'm guessing it was Amazon pushing the price down to sell lots for Christmas.

Level 25
Final Fantasy after 10 would have failed so bad if they didn't use "Final Fantasy" as a name.

Let's call Final Fantasy 12 "Hearts of the Land" for example
the problem is that they can't say "from the creators of Final Fantasy" since they left after FF9. the game would sell poorly/medicore and not on the Final Fantasy franchise level.

Smart move to call all their games FF ._. but that does not give them the right to serve us shit and change the successful formula

/rant off

D: It was on topic! honest! because FF games price never goes down.

(now adding on topic material)

It's kind of bullshit that the prices do not go down especially for their old games, at least they should remake them and give them a full price tag

Status
Not open for further replies.