• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Stats = Targets Allowed (Make Blizzard only deal dmg to enemy ground)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I want to make Blizzard only deal damage to enemy ground units. I have tried a series of combinations in the Stats - Targets Allowed tab, but nothing seems to work. I'm thinking Blizzard and other AOE spells require additional tuning, because even when i just copy the targets allowed form other spells, like War Stomp or Shockwave, which deal dmg to the intended targets, it simply makes Blizzard deal dmg to no one.

Level 12
I want to make Blizzard only deal damage to enemy ground units. I have tried a series of combinations in the Stats - Targets Allowed tab, but nothing seems to work. I'm thinking Blizzard and other AOE spells require additional tuning, because even when i just copy the targets allowed form other spells, like War Stomp or Shockwave, which deal dmg to the intended targets, it simply makes Blizzard deal dmg to no one.

I think you should be able to get it by leaving the defaults and then just checking "enemy" off as well.

The thing about war stomp is that it can't hit your allies no matter what. I can't remember if that is true for shockwave as well, but it might be. I don't think blizzard has this sort of thing, but it could. Anyway, I am quite sure I made blizzards that only hurt enemies. I'll have to check later to see what I put, though.

Level 12
I just checked mine and it only has "Enemy" checked. Nothing else is checked. My map doesn't use flying units, so I don't care if it only hits ground or not. "Enemy", "Ground" should do exactly what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.