1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starship Troopers v1.37d

Submitted by Tr!KzZ
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is Starship Troopers v1.36 remade from the FINAL version! I got inspired from the Starcraft Map and i liked it that much, that i remade it for Wc3.

I managed to reduce 1MB of the total Map-size, but i also imported some new models and more Sounds, tricky huh? :D

Anyway, you have to Survive till the Timer expires and you will be rescued. Meanwhile you hide in some forgotton outpost, and try to survive till the promised Support will arrive.
You start with 2 Marines, and with the Gold, you earn from killing, you can buy new Marines, Firebats, Gunships, Tanks and stuff like that.

So enjoy and have fun playing! =)

Keywords:
Starship Troopers, Starship, Troopers, Defense, Survival
Contents

Starship Troopers v1.37d (Map)

1. CoWzRuLE

CoWzRuLE

Resources:
    Resources:
    well it sounds good 5/5 i wonder why this is the only post well anyway good map if it has lots of :rifle: well its good

2. CoWzRuLE

CoWzRuLE

Resources:
    Resources:
    dan it the smiley didnt work

3. Tr!KzZ

Tr!KzZ

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thx for your post, i think the mainly reason for the small amount of post is the minimap preview (it wokrs in wc3, but not here) they dont see an picture and for all who dont know starship troopers they wont come in and look at the map. but thx for your opinnion :)

4. TerranMarine04

TerranMarine04

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm...i did enjoy the SC one...

Ok, you got me to dl it...but ill be the judge on the likeness of the SC one to this...

5. Starcrafter

Starcrafter

Resources:
    Resources:
    cool.and isnt that the battle at whisky outpost or outpost 29?

6. Glass Golem

Glass Golem

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to point out some issues I have with the map;
    I realize that meany of these things are probably intentional, but if you could adress some of them, I think it would be much better:

- MiGs and Spaceships(Wraith and Battlecruser, respectivly) are targeted as ground units, meaning they are 2-shoted and 6-shoted by Brain Bugs and torn to pieces by Zerglings! please change it so that these units are not worthless in-game.
    - you cannot repair any vehicle, due to a lack of vespaine, which means I have to buy a new tank when the one I have takes even moderate damage; please ether provive some vespaine or remove the vespaine cost for repairs.
    - fighting off the hydralisks in basicly impossible without the range upgreade for marines, as the marines are outranged while in bunkers, and outguned on foot; is that intentional?
    - on a similar note: The Mutalisks also outrange unupgraded marines(which is not even close to their abilities in starcraft, they have 3 range, marines have 4, 5 when upgreaded!); is that also intentional?
    - you cannot rebuild AI Bunkers when they are destoyed, is that sosposed to be the case?
    - The Siege Tank in Siege mode can shoot enemies next to it, is that what you wanted? if not, please adjust the "minimum range" in siege mode.

Other then these, it is a great map, simple, but that is what makes it so good.
    3/5 as is, 4/5 if you make at least some of these changes.

7. AndreiMolnar

AndreiMolnar

Resources:
    Resources:
    why i can kill mutalisks with a firebat? and why the battlecruiser is so useless, its suposed to be the best unit in your game, and a few zerligs can kill it...