• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Starcraft Phantom] Searching for additional help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, you might have seen Myydraal and myself around the forums recently. We are working on Starcraft Phantom, and at breakneck speeds, too. However, I think we would really appreciate help with the project. Currently, I'm working on all areas of the project, and Myydraal is working on JASS/Triggers and helping some with the other stuff. We particularly will need help for "Version 2.0" where we add in 3 new game modes.

The game is sort of a hybrid between Zerg Infestation and Dota. The play will be much different, but you'll see the inspiration from both. I'm especially interested in adding a JASS programmer and/or an Artist to the team. Examples of things we are working on soon are:

JASS
Create a bunker that accepts both marines and firebats, firebats shoot out fire when inside. (current version - only marines work)
Remake Siege Tank's "Barrage" ability in JASS to use local variables. (Currently conflicts with other Siege Tanks) Barrage is the siege tank's ultimate that fires off many shells very quickly.
Randomize chemicals in research lab so that each time, different chemicals result in unlocking different researches.​

Art
Create small(er) file size glass cylinders for research lab zerg experiments. (Current ones are 1,000kb)
Create science vessel (so we can have a science vessel hero)
Create valkaryie (so we can make a Valkyrie hero.)
Terrain
We are also looking for a "Terrain Jazz-er Upper" I've made the terrain, but it could probably benefit from somebody who is really "into" it. Also, the terrain for the Protoss area isn't done at all. (Version 2.0.)​

Other
If you think you can help in some other way (facilitating the project or anything.) Please tell us how you think you can help. :)

Regardless of how much help we get, we'll definitely have Version 2.0 finished by August, and we're hoping to have Version 1.0 finished by June.

Level 5
Yeah, I just made the above post, I didn't realize Myydraal was logged in on my computer. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.