• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft A New Begining opinions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I had a really nice idea for a Starcraft Map but not any old Starcraft map but a new Starcraft RPG. Before you leave saying "oh my not another Starcraft map"
please look at the features.

Well heres the intro to what happens when you start the game as a Zerg Hydralisk Tanker.

You enter the game the screens black then the camera zooms into a birds eye view of the galaxy. There are 3 units there each Terran, Protoss and Zerg(like when you choose the campaigns on Starcraft 1 that same view of the character) then you click on any of them and i pick Zerg and it then fades black. It unfades and your looking inside of a transparent egg you hear the Zerg briefing Music then the Overmind says: Awaken my child for you have been created to serve the Hive Cluster. You have not only been created to, and only serve the Hive but you have been created to destroy the forces in this Universe... You have been created to lead the Hive Cluster into victory. Now choose your destiny."

You then see 5 units to choose from(you would normally see Female or Male but Zerg doesn't have Male or Female because its simply not necessary. But for Protoss and Terran you will choose male or female) I choose the Hydralisk then it fades again and now i can see 4 different Hydralisks. the first is the normal Hydralisk with the Class/Normal. The second is a redder version of the Hydralisk and has black spikes with the class/Stalker. The third is a darker brown with Grey spikes and is slightly smaller then normal with the Class/Hunter. The fourth one is a white colour with Grey and larger spikes and is slightly larger then normal with Class/Tanker.

I click on the Tanker and it then fades and unfades in the egg the Overlord says: Great choice child for you are going to awaken now..." and then the egg bursts open and you come out of the egg next to more eggs (players) that are still choosing there unit. You are are surrounded by high Red and Dusty canyons and cliffs. There is also a spawning pool and several structures around you where you can purchase items, upgrades and at one stage when your level is high enough you can evolve (its basically just when you reach to level 10 you evolve then at level 30 then 50 then 70 then 90 then 110 and so on. Evolving makes you slightly bigger and you get access to different upgrades and items).

It will be arrow movement and the level cap is 150 but im sure no one will get there quick. You could say this is sort of a AoS map so there will be a computer AI attacking the other base from time to time. But you don't have to rely on them so much. If i make this map i will put as much story into as possible and quests. And if its possible to transfer a save code data onto another map ill make different planets instead of just one but if its not ill probably only do one planet. So basically im asking what do you think? is it good enough to make, should i start making it?

Thanks in advanced for reading:wgrin:

Last edited:
Level 10
Wall of text crits you for 999,999,999.

Your eyes die.

Seriously, put that into paragraphs, I can hardly read such a massive wall of text...

My first thought was "Hydralisks can't tank". IMO, you shouldn't use more than one instance of a model for a character. Like, Hydralisks are ranged DPS, Ultralisks are heavy tanks, Zerglings are fragile melee DPS, etc...

Also, the level cap seems very, very high. I suggest either stimulating the rate of EXP, or lowering the cap and scaling it down somewhat.

Level 8
By tanking i mean its very powerful and defensive but attacks in a slow rate. it is even possible for a Hydralisk, like i said they have giant spikes and thats defensive but it would slow him down because of the weight. and i decided the level cap should be 150 but its going to be harder to gain levels. I mean i think lots of people would love to play this. Ive seen people create maps like this that fail. So im gonna try not to fail and actuely create it. ive made all the skins and ive got the models. im nearly done with terrain just got to add few little doodads and cinematics then all ive got to do is the units and the systems. (already got the arrow movement system but ive got alot of work to do)

Level 27
Wall of text crits you for 999,999,999.

Your eyes die.

Seriously, put that into paragraphs, I can hardly read such a massive wall of text...

My first thought was "Hydralisks can't tank". IMO, you shouldn't use more than one instance of a model for a character. Like, Hydralisks are ranged DPS, Ultralisks are heavy tanks, Zerglings are fragile melee DPS, etc...

Also, the level cap seems very, very high. I suggest either stimulating the rate of EXP, or lowering the cap and scaling it down somewhat.

The lvl cap in King RPG is 300. or 400. so why shouldnt he.

Level 11
Ok first off. Level cap is actually quite low if he keeps a large map. I mean there is alot of maps(or used to been playing wc3 since it came out) that had levels over 1000 and effectively pulled them off and was Entertaining, but usually only hit max level with one hero cause terrain got old after awhile.

Second I think you should get a sc guruu unless you are one, i mean sc2 ideas need implementing, and i have yet to play it so i can't help you there.

and a wall of text is fine, i mean colors, fonts, and font sizes help and make it more bearable, but if the title sounds interesting your gonna read it, if it's something you don't like then don't read it, easy!

besides this is a wal of text
------------------------------------------------------------------------

wall ^^^

I think this is a great idea, won't need ideas from sc2 though if its based on the first, could always make two maps, one made for each sc. Problem would be i don't think you can transfer save codes between maps haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.