• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 1 Remake Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone,

Lucifer of StarcraftLegacy is putting a team together of those interested in making Starcraft 1 into Starcraft 2. Not only would we be remaking the Terran, Zerg, and Protoss to have their old tech trees from SC1, but also the SC1 campaigns.

Just want to mention that we are a serious team. We've already begun design work and mapping out some of the missions in Episode I: Rebel Yell. With this campaign, along with the others, will add content such as bonus objectives, bonus maps (expect to see the deleted missions Biting the Bullet and Operation Silent Scream), mercenaries, new insights into lore (such as Mike Liberty in some of Episode 1), and much more. The Galaxy Editor is limited as many of you know, so we're waiting for the full release of the game on July 27 before we begin remaking the SC1 tech trees.

I have an example of some of my work, remaking the Tutorial: Boot Camp mission from Episode 1 (thanks go to Alukard for most of the triggers and some of the terrain). HERE is where you can download the map. Any comments or criticisms are welcome. An image of the original Boot Camp mission can be found HERE for comparison, and here are images of my map:

I would show you some of my work on Mission 9: New Gettysburg and maps by other members, but we're generally trying to keep these maps hidden from the public until more work is done. If anyone here is interested in helping out, then please post your interest in this thread, or in one of these two places:

SC1 Remake Forum (forum mainly meant for team members, so most of the sections are private and not viewable by the public).

StarcraftLegacy SC1 Remake forum thread

SC2 Mapster forum thread

Level 5
but,what if they don't have the scan sweeper that attach to the Command Center

comm2.gif

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Like I said when I was moderator....

People who advertise a project on a site like this should atleast have the desency to spend 1 minute of their time to say if it was canceled or not. Just to provide closure for all the fans you installed false hope into so they do not forever continue waiting for something to be released that will never come.

Additionally if you are dropping a project for good, you should atleast give everyone what ever work you have done in return for their interest in your map. Afterall they can not ruin it more than it never being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.