• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JC's Starcraft 1 Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
With Permission, I am going to Post some of my older work that as of last year started to update.

Brief history
Many years before I was a Map maker for Warcraft 3, I was a VERY active Map maker for Starcraft 1.
Some of the maps I helped tested were AoS, Altered Melee, Custom Campaign, until one day I decided to make my own maps.

At first they were just playing with the units much like I did in wc2, but I never published anything in wc2, (mostly cuz I was terrible) I had a lot of fun making maps, but as wc3 became a new an upcoming thing, I decided to focus my attention on Warcraft 3.

Below is a list of updated Material I have worked on in the last year to update.

Last edited:
Level 11
Did you do any editing for wc2?

I know this thread is related to Broodwar, but I am very, very interested in finding out any mods or good edit tools for wc2, and you seem like a very good person of contact:D

We could continue this conversation via PM if you would like. If there are any other wc2 modders out there, I would also like to talk to any of them...I am just very interested in finding out how to mod wc2 to a higher extent than the original wc2 official editor allowed (which was very limited).

Level 16
Did you do any editing for wc2?
Brief history
Many years before I was a Map maker for Warcraft 3, I was a VERY active Map maker for Starcraft 1.
Some of the maps I helped tested were AoS, Altered Melee, Custom Campaign, until one day I decided to make my own maps.

At first they were just playing with the units much like I did in wc2, but I never published anything in wc2, (mostly cuz I was terrible) I had a lot of fun making maps, but as wc3 became a new an upcoming thing, I decided to focus my attention on Warcraft 3.
I know this thread is related to Broodwar, but I am very, very interested in finding out any mods or good edit tools for wc2, and you seem like a very good person of contact:D
When I was active in wc2, there didnt have any good mods. a lot of Kpuds but that was about it. If you looking for a good mod, there is one in the making:
http://www.moddb.com/games/warcraft-ii/mods

We could continue this conversation via PM if you would like. If there are any other wc2 modders out there, I would also like to talk to any of them...I am just very interested in finding out how to mod wc2 to a higher extent than the original wc2 official editor allowed (which was very limited).
They had a extended wc2 Editor back then but it wasn't something really good, you could edit unit stats and stuff but you couldn't add Trigger like you could in sc1 maps.

Level 16
Can you make all maps to download in one location, so we don't have to manually dl each single map?
you mean like a Map Pack? When I had them hosted on gamefile (or whatever its called these days) I did!

Unfortunately, MOD DB would not allow this, and SEN might, but I have limited file space of how much I can upload, and that basically would just double what I currently use.

So Unfortunately for those reasons, I cannot. (sorry)

I do have maps packed together (such as the Loomings Campaign), I refuse to upload each map individually. I can do this on MOD DB since they are related. some of these maps are Singleplayer, some are COOP, some are multiplayer, some or UMS and some are Melee.

Level 16
Plains of Snow has been added. This is my final map I have yet to publish for a bit. Most of these maps are older maps that I have updated.
Plains of snow was created back in 2008 and hasn't been updated, I just was hesitant top upload since it was my first map I had ever re-drawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.