• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Star Wars Episode VII?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm kind of hyped, George Lucas did fuck up the series somewhat when he was left alone.
I mean two of the three greatest episodes weren't even directed by George Lucas himself. Also, those edited re-releases of his? Such a disgrace to the whole series.

So I'm kind of hyped for this, I just love it. I know Disney is recieving a lot of critisism but I have some faith in them. They can't screw up more than George Lucas screwed up Episode I (the worst episode in my opinion, but still a good film nevertheless) and maybe even bring forth a new great epic space trilogy that will shackle our souls for all eternity.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Level 14
Nope. No such film will be made. Believe the old Koon. However a high budget game-of-thrones-like tv episodes are in development and will probably get released winter 2013 or summer 2014. Rumor has it that they will not include jedies whatsoever.

If for some cosmic reason a movie is made I doubt it would be named ep. VII rather than giving a set for a whole new saga from some of the fan-favorite creations or lore-wise books.

edit: bleh it might be happening after all. A trillogy about the children of solo and skywalker would be as epic as the books. Hopefully they wont put Joss Whedon as both director and script writer.

Level 22
Nope. No such film will be made. Believe the old Koon. However a high budget game-of-thrones-like tv episodes are in development and will probably get released winter 2013 or summer 2014. Rumor has it that they will not include jedies whatsoever.

Yeah like Star Wars series 'Whatever'. I've started losing interest when seeing several cartoon series of it. It's like way commercialized - to annoyance

Level 14
Disney have a great base on which to work. Surely the new thrilogy will be set in a much more darker and serious situation. (If they are really going to do the children of skywalker/solo) I hope John Williams can do the new themes combined with the classic soundtracks.

Level 11
Empire at War was not the greatest of projects while Battlefront hit millions in the first weeks and kept them in the game for a lot of time. The EAW servers were almost dead 3 months after the release. Priorities indeed don't favor a new RTS.

Also the RTS market is very hard to succeed in today, the new Command & Conquer is coming out along with Company of Heroes 2 and the SC2 expansion. If EAW2 were to be released the servers would be empty even faster than before. Although it may look differently in a few years which would take to make the game but I am sure it would not matter so much.

SWBF3 is a safe card to success in almost all aspects, only the developer can ruin it.

Level 14
Disney: "Ed, I will make Episode VII!"

Me: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Level 51
I don't fear about the movies being fucked up, as you can see the Marvel studios as well as several others belong to Disney and their movies are pretty stunning.

As Disney announced that their games they would develop, would focus on mobile and social games, that was the moment I feared. They said they would finish what they are doing right now, like Star Wars 1313 (which looks incredible), but without bigger interest and supporters, I fear it's going to be just quickly finished to have it done, and by high chance that won't be a high quality product that it appeared to be at first.

Level 14
1313 is pretty much finished in design and story. There is no way a company can draw the line to all the minds behind the game and tell them '' no we will do the rest of it that way''.Be worry about the future games however I think they will give a heavy support on The old Republic. And imagine if they listen to the fans and rethink the idea of making star wars ep 7 and do a completely new thrilogy based on lets say the marka ragnos era or the darth plagueis or revan... so many of which to choose from.

Level 11
This.
6406465_700b.jpg

I couldn't find the original one, this might be fake but it doesn't look like it.
And no I did not get rid of the 9GAG tags because I would have to cut the image to get rid of it completely.

Last edited:
Level 14
This.
6406465_700b.jpg

I couldn't find the original one, this might be fake but it doesn't look like it.
And no I did not get rid of the 9GAG tags because I would have to cut the image to get rid of it completely.

I'll now start debunking and prove this fake.

1. Look at the bottom, "FOLLOW 9GAG.."
2. Proved fake.

Also the trend of huge planets on background really pisses me off. Yes, I'm looking at you, Avatar. Goddamn unrealistic crap, how come those planets won't collide if they're that close together!?!

Level 3
Also the trend of huge planets on background really pisses me off. Yes, I'm looking at you, Avatar. Goddamn unrealistic crap, how come those planets won't collide if they're that close together!?!

So you are professional dee-bunker?

Actually lots of wallpapers and stuff are awesome with large planets. Collide? Go to Titan or Enceladus, or Europe. Would look different from having a large planet in the sky or they will collide?

Level 14
So everything on 9GAG is fake? ;/

Yes. Except the stuff that can be used against it.

So you are professional dee-bunker?

Actually lots of wallpapers and stuff are awesome with large planets. Collide? Go to Titan or Enceladus, or Europe. Would look different from having a large planet in the sky or they will collide?

Yes. I get paid in internet tokens. Titan is a moon, and over a million km away fro Saturn, but holy crap, those planets behind the mountains look huge, you could probably see individual cities with a hobbyist telescope. It looks cool and all, but annoys me.

Level 14

1. Look at the bottom, "FOLLOW 9GAG.."
2. Proved fake.

Yes that poster is as fake as breast implant. However I do know a few star wars fans that can probably already tell who that guy in the hood is. They will count the lines on his lightsaber, will check how many alive jedies are using blue blades...etc.

And for the planets, no. Magnetic field and object attraction works in various ways, everything is possible.

Besides StarWars poster in an alient cornfield LOL

Level 30
Never heard? didn't they spam us out with these announcements last year, also its about Jedis what kind of Star Wars movie will they stop using jedis? SpaceBalls?. The force on my head is strong with this one.

Also rumors of Boba Fett/Han Solo for possible movie, which I believe it may now happen.

Level 3
ROFL, Space Balls...

What kind of story it will be?
Hmmm... I think Space Balls is Death Star

Well, I haven't watch any StarWars Movie, only played the game :
BattleFront 1, BattleFront 2, StarWars 3, Republic Commando, Jedi Academy, etc

Maybe the story will be like this:
Darth Vader revived, be a good jedi, Boba Fett has a child called Baba Fett, Baba Fett creating a Space Ball, Space Ball shoot some ball to Coruscant, Vader jump to kill Baba Fett, Yoda come, Yoda kill Vader because he is not up-to-date (didn't know Vader be a good person), Baba kill Yoda, Baba killed by Luck (son of Luke Skywalker), Luck being the next generation Vader, Nobi Kenobi (son of Obi Wan) come to Luck, Nobi threw away with the force's of Vader, Nobi meet Doraemon, Nobi got new name (Nobi Nobita, not Nobi Skywalker), he realized that he is only dreaming

Level 14
Question is, will Johnny Depp be in it? Along with Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly?

Bet we gonna see those two droids, R2-D2 and C3PO.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It all depends who they get to write it. Their Marvel film team seems to be on a roll at the moment with awesome movies such as Avengers Assemble.

If they avoid JarJar Binks and focus on some awesome characters it will be a success for sure. If they make an entire fild on JarJar... May god have mercy on us all.

Level 11
tumblr_mdlzqlV3Ie1qhrokro1_500.png

Cartman: I want a part in the new movies!
Mickey Mouse: Well then, why didn't you just come to me in the first place? If you wanna be in the next Star Wars, I'm your guy! Haha.
Cartman: I get to be Luke Skeywalker's son. And there has to be a character called Jewbacca.

I think this scene was hilarious.

Im not hyper for this.

But I'm exited for SW Battlefront by DICE! I think it will be so fun.
I was watching the E3 stream when they announced it, never had such a bright day in my life after all these years with mainstream fps and rpg spam. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.