• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stampede Dummy Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making spells for my project and decided to make a stampede spell that is not channeling using a dummy caster but then the dummy won't cast the spell... I have done other spells already and they don't have a problem... I also noticed that all of the actions on this trigger work except for the command to cast the "stampede" spell......

the only thing that don't work is this.....

call IssueOrderLoc(udg_Dummy, "stampede", udg_TargetPoint)

even while in GUI the dummy still don't cast the spell....

Is this some warcraft bug or something? please help me..... I really wanted that no channel stampede....

Last edited:
the dummy has the ability, had enough mana cost and others... I tried making the dummy visible and controllable to see what goes wrong and then I noticed that the only thing is that he wont cast the spell..... I set the life timer to last longer than the spell too...... what is wrong in using locations I also use the same trigger for my other spells and this one is the only one having problems???

I also tried changing the spell's order string but it still dont work..

here's the trigger... NOTE: I changed the GetRandomDirectionDeg() to AngleBetweenPoints(udg_CasterPosition, udg_TargetPoint) but still the unit won't cast the spell..

function.jpg

Last edited:
Level 7
-Posting a GUI trigger is also ok, as this seems to be converted GUI with nothing changed
-GetRandomDirectionDeg() is completely useless, just place there a random number yourself.
-There is something called ctrl - c and there are also nice JASS tags
-I can't find anything wrong, which event are you using?

Level 12
Ha, I found this annoying bug when trying to do the same thing.
Stampede is really bugged.

What you have to do:

- The dummy unit must be able to move.
- Turn rate should be 3.0
- It should be ordered by the spell ID.
- The dummy unit (WITH THE SPELL) should exist on map loading, it must be preplaced, can be deleted afterward.

I don't know if I'm forgetting something, but if you don't fill all these conditions the spell will have some strange behaviour, like don't be cast at all, cast at weird angles, only work the first time and never work again, don't work the first time you try.

Edit: If it still don't work at all, just post here and I will post my trigger later (I'm using another computer now)

Ha, I found this annoying bug when trying to do the same thing.
Stampede is really bugged.

What you have to do:

- The dummy unit must be able to move.
- Turn rate should be 3.0
- It should be ordered by the spell ID.
- The dummy unit (WITH THE SPELL) should exist on map loading, it must be preplaced, can be deleted afterward.

I don't know if I'm forgetting something, but if you don't fill all these conditions the spell will have some strange behaviour, like don't be cast at all, cast at weird angles, only work the first time and never work again, don't work the first time you try.

Edit: If it still don't work at all, just post here and I will post my trigger later (I'm using another computer now)

to Vulcano: I just converted it because it is easier to edit..... I also already changed the angle.. I use the same event as my other triggered spells.... And as shaisy says it seems that stampede is bugged....

to Shaisy: okay.... thanks... So I cant do a non-channeling stampede using this... I wont be able to try you suggestions until sunday because of some technical problems after I updated to 1.24b( I forgot to remove the things that are not existent anymore in the 1.24b WE so I cannot open my map in WE but I can still play it...)

Maybe I'll just revert to the channeled stampede.....

Status
Not open for further replies.